1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Panda

Panda Member

Two words:

Cuttino Mobley

Dude shot less than 40% in the first half of his second season!

The jury is still out.

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Yeah Jiri Welsch really impressed me with 2-11 game he played against Utah. And last season he looked awesome playing 6 minutes a game and shooting 25%. You can jump all over our white European player, but call for another European who's put almost the exact same numbers? If you're going to label Boki a bust, admit that Welsch is a bust as well.

3. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

definately trade Boki.

4. We're Back

We're Back Member

Memo to the next person that is inclined to refer to "two a days" as some sort of excuse for poor shooting or bad play in general:
    Enough with the culture of excuses that has been so pervasive in the last few years. It has got to stop. You can't use being a "young team" as an excuse and than is the same breath complain obout being tired from tough practices.

Memo to Boki lovers:
    Players need to come into the league ready. Of course, there are a few exceptions, but for the most part that is true. Just look at Scales. Now I admit that I had not heard of him before yesterday, but it just takes a glance to see that he has the talent to be in the league and the where with all to use it given his chance. In short, he can do what he is suposed to do, but due to politics and whatever else he is struggling for a roster spot. Boki is missing open jumpers, turning the ball over and getting torched on D consistently. This is a put up or shut up league, and Boki has not been able to put up much so far. That is just a fact.

5. We're Back

We're Back Member

"then" not "than". apologies to the anal.

6. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

No one would take him. We have multiple untradeables on our team, Boki, Moochie, Taylor...

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

why does this have to be a racial thing?????
    I really do not understand why alot of people complain that if he was black he would be cut?? please explain it to me

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

We're supposed to be color-blind, so we accomplish that by incorporating a racial aspect to just about everything. Only in America!

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Wow. You left off names like Moochie Norris, Terrence Morris, Rodrick Rhodes, Steve Harris and Derrick Cheivious. Oh but I guess that does not fit your mold of your white affirmative action theory in your argument. Until last season you could have said that Cato was the all time worst decision the Rockets ever made in signing a player to a contract...much worse than Maloney...but once again that would not support your argument about white players on this team.

You need to re-evaluate yourself. Bad play is not limited to just white guys and the Rockets have done their fair share of signing bad black players to horrible guaranteed contracts as well. Moochie Norris is the worst player on the team...much worse than Boki and he is black with more guaranteed years left on his contract.

10. djunior

djunior Member

The summer league games mostly against newbies, he shot the ball terribly (terribly with a capital 'T'). He's also mr. turnover. Some said, oh well, that's because he didn't get to play much during the regular season. Cheap excuse. Rockets' 15th pick in the 2002 draft was wasted.

Worst yet, he's been playing mostly with newbies, not actual NBA games where things are far more intensified. If you can't play well against newbies, you suck when playing against real NBA pros. Simple as that. He's the focusing point of development in this Summer League & pre-season. He's got the minutes and everything BUT productive games. . He has lots of re-thinking to do.He even got outplayed by rookies of the NBA 2003 draft

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Look Boki looks like he could possibly be a decent player. His rebounding and ball handling are decent. His defense is not bery good. I can see why he looked good in Europe if he was shooting well over there.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he really is that good of a shooter. It doesn't look like he can make a living as a slasher in the NBA.

It all gets down to his shooting. He can probably be an NBA role player if he can shoot a bit. If he can shoot like Piatkowski or Eddie Johnson or Rashard Lewis he can perhaps be a starter.

I still wonder if Boki is like a minor league pitcher whose confidence is ruined by being rushed to the big leagues. One thing is for sure Van Gundy is giving him an incredible amount of playing time to prove he can do something.

The reason why some think of the racial angle is that some guys like Langhi have literally had dozens of threads seeing hope in them, when it surely has not been obvious that they were really improving.

12. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

I agree, the bottom line is that we dont have time to wait for Boki to find himself. Simply put, the guy cannot shoot. He fails to knock down the open jumper time after time. He even looked like garbage at the foul line. To be a jumper you should have to be able to jump. He fades away on open shots.

13. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

I started this thread yesterday morning after the Portland game. After watching that pathetic showing last night, I'm even more convinced the guy is not there. Intimidated? Gripping too hard? I don't know, but he's had his chance to show us a sign of potential.
    Another good night for Scales by the way.

14. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Dude I like Scales alot. Defensively the guy is VERY quick, I like Wilks too, he has twice the shot of the Mooch and he makes better ball decisions.

I think the Mooch will be run out of here, maybe the Jazz will take his contract too for a second round pick.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. I perhaps should have said he shot poorly, and didn't play great defense every summer league except for one. He did take the correct shots, and played with energy. He drove to the basket and was often able to get away from his man. But his shots then, like in the preseason don't fall for him_even when he gets open looks.

16. Saphan

Saphan Member

The shoots will come. I personally guarantee :D

In Euro Championships this September he played very well. In quarterfinals (we lost), he was shooting something like 10-10 in first quarter… He went out cause of the foul trouble.

I think he is under a lot of pressure right now. With a little bit of confidence and a few good games, he’ll be OK.

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I really really hope so. I don't want to abandon him right now.

18. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Not only did we pass up Q. Woods. We also passed up T. Prince. Who played big in the playoffs for Detroit as a rookie.

19. danielk

danielk Member

Admit he's a bust. stop giving him chance after chance saying he got jitters...everyone has jitters but they gotta bring it becuz they play in the NBA and look at how he defended ray ray ..he didnt defend him really...12-14 shooting.. and he can't make a shot when actually defended..no defense means he's a liability to the team..the only reason he's given chance after chance is that he is european..if he was black or yao ming and we watched him the nachbust way he'd be out of the team this year..

20. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

quote on rockets.com, front page

"Bostjan Nachbar was an assist and a point shy of a double double Wednesday. "

oh god, dont we wish.... maybe some propaganda before a trade perhaps??