1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I'd be right with you, except I'm not sure that 'comprehension challenged' works, from a purely pedantic point of view...;)

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

It's only his second season. He hasn't gotten much game time. He's got the physical game, but doesn't have the mental game. He's Rudy's boy.

We've heard all of the excuses, but the bottom line is that he has not shown the man that matters, the coach, that he deserves game time. I didn't get to see last nights game, so take this for what it's worth, aside from the TO's, Boki did not have a bad 24 minutes for the first preseason game of 2003. I'll hold judgement for a few more games.

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

from a purely pedantic point of view, are you saying that boki is as good as eddie?

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Actually they are technically "clones".

:D

5. CRC

CRC Member

OK, I sensed there is a shift from anti-Boki to pro-Boki posts in this thread... What's next? Anti-Boki posters vs Pro-Boki posters?

Calm down!

NO MORE EXCUSES -- for not being a good poster in this forum. ;)

6. MykTek

MykTek Member

i just read in the chron, he has a lil bro trying to walk on to UH....hehehe...maybe we should have drafted him instead??? lol

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I watched the game very early on and Boki can grab rebounds..though I don't know how he fared later on in the game

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Among eight walk-ons trying out for the Cougars' basketball team are 6-3 freshman point guard Grega Nachbar of Slovenia, younger brother of the Rockets' Bostjan Nachbar; Terrence Morgan, 6-11 and 280 pounds, who played at Southeast (Neb.) Community College; and 6-7 junior John Taylor of Angelina County Junior College. The four recruits are point guard Lanny Smith of Hightower, forwards Andrew Francis of Elsik and Parker Pinkalla of Strake Jesuit, and center Elijah Miller of Heritage Christian. Another new face, Tennessee transfer Andy Ikeakor, 6-8 and 260, will be eligible for the spring semester. He played at Westbury Christian.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/college/2143662

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Preaseason game with new coach, bunch of new players and above all, I think everybody are all rusty in a sense that only players who are majority would not make it to the rosters that really lighten' up the game. Still a little early prognosis, Boki has great speed and love to hustle down floor. He'll be alright,I think.

10. rocketinmypants

I keep reading that we should give Boki time to develop. That is one thing we don't have, ample time so Boki can develop. We are shooting for the playoffs this year and that means we need to develop chemistry and a rotation very soon, and not fool around with experiments and the development of players.

When he gets playing time, Boki will automatically be graded on everything he does, to see if his contribution on the court helps the team win. That's kind of a blanket statement for all the players, but especially for players like Boki who most likely won't be a part of the 8 or 9 man rotation.

Sad to say, but I see another Bryce Drew episode in Boki where a 1rst pick gets lost in the shuffle because he can't find a niche in the team.

11. droxford

droxford Member

I'm sick of hearing the "just give him time" responses, and here's why...

You people act like Boki never gets any practice time. Like he enver gets to play with/against NBA players. Boki gets plenty of practice time. And when he finally gets an opportunity for official PT, that's when he should shine.

BUT HE HASN'T. Every time I, Joe Public, see him play, that's an opportunity to show me how good he is (or isn't)... or how much he's improved. And every time he's had that opportunity, he has failed to impress. Even the pro-Boki people are admitting that.

MY POINT: Boki has repreatedly proven that he has unimpressive game, regardless of whether people here are or are not dumb posters.

-- droxford

12. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Nachbar is garbage and always will be...lately the rockets first round picks been a bust, except yao.

13. CXmoney1221

CXmoney1221 Member

hmmm... so peja, dirk, tmac, kobe, JO, all had unimpressive games when they just got here, despite practicing with NBA players, and when Joe Public got a chance to watch they all failed to shine.... look and them now....

i am certainly not saying boki will turn out as good as them but....what was your point again?

14. lowbudget

lowbudget New Member

For Boki, it's about being aggressive. He's confused because he wants to be aggressive but knows that's not his place on this team. For a while he was just standing on the left wing waiting for the ball to be passed to him. And when it did, he wasn't there!

Boki cuts. He's not a "slasher" like Mobley where he's gonna beat you off the dribble. He will, however, make back cuts from the wing. Plus I like his finger roll that he used twice (once was called off because he was afraid to dribble and turn it over).

Towards the end of the Portland game, he was calling for the ball. That's how you do it as a 5th option small forward. Get open, call for the ball, let the point guard figure it out, pass ONLY when you get in trouble.

Boki's not gonna get cut, but Peter Cornell right now is his biggest threat. That big boy can play center AND physical power forward which makes him a VALUABLE 2nd string power forward coming off the bench. That means Eddie Griffin gets bumped down to small forward during some combinations and/or Jim Jackson at small forward and shooting guard.

Boki can be a good 2nd string small forward if just steps up and be more aggressive.

15. jeerome

jeerome Member

why do we have Boki, we have Pike.
    Boki sux ass. he had the most minutes played last nite and nothin but got blocked twice in one sitting...sad. cut him quick please. id rather have langhi.:confused:

16. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Hopefully his game will be much better when Yao gets in. I do not see how we can expect him to be creating his own shot. When our dominant player start dominating then he would be left open and I expect to hit his share of open shots. If JJackson looked lost to some, last night, I can excuse Boki. BTW Posey did not look too good either last night. Patience folks.

17. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Nachbar couldnt hit an open jumper to save his life.

18. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Aaahhh, this reminds me of the "yao is a project" discussions only a season ago.......I think Boki will come around.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Where do you get "BOKI" from?

20. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

I will like to give hime one more year under JVG, too early to say something bad.:p