1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

I hate to say it, cause I've really pulled for the guy since he was drafted, but Boki continues to look clueless. I'm not sure he's got the head or the game.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was initially excited about him. That turned to cautious and curious after lack of playing time last year. The feeling progressed to downright worried after watching him summer league. Now after last night, I give up.

3. egn

egn Member

Two words.....

CUT HIM!!!!

4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny - we all hoped that Boki would become some kind of athletic Bullard, just as we had hoped for Dan Langhi. However, Dan Langhi was a Z-grade one-on-one player who had never demonstrated any catch and shoot skills, and thus couldn't fill the Bullard role.

Now we have Boki, whose sharpshooter reputation seems to be based wholly on his tryout with the Rockets rather than his actual playing experience. Simply put, he was evaluated incorrectly and not on his supposed strengths (slashing, finishing). Like all players, Boki will play his best when these strengths are emphasized. It is up to the coaching staff to determine whether thse strengths are up to an NBA level. Clearly, Boki's skills are not at an NBA level, and while his shot may look good in practice, it is not something he is comfortable with (or has ever been comfortable with).

5. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

I'm hip. He was Rudy's boy. I think he was as jazzed about Nachbar as he was Yao. He just hasn't developed. Honestly, I think JVG's letting him play himself onto the waiver wire.

6. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Give the guy a chance. The guy has barely played. He needs a few seasons to get it going. Don't quit on the guy just because he's not comming along as quick as you wanted. He has the SKILLS. He just needs time to soak in the NBA pace and schemas.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Boki will be fine... He is in many ways still a rookie... He is not a future all star... But he did show glimpses of a decent shot towards the end of a game last night and although does look lost out there at times, he does appear to have enough athleticism to compete in the league. I think he could become a good roll player in time. The problem is right now Eddie hasn't shown an ability to play great defense and Boki will be a liability on defense as well. That's too much weakness up front. Yao's return should change this... will see

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

He is no Richard Jefferson

9. CRC

CRC Member

You are comparing Boki with the wrong guy.

Jefferson entered the NBA in the same year as Griffin, not Boki.

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

ill give him until december to prove himself.

moochie, however, is a different story. 7 TOs is inexcusable

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Boki could be a complimentary player, not one that is THE MAN, but rather someone who can live off of other players.

Kind of like Piatkowski......

Boki does not have the skills to lead, but he could follow, the right guys.

DD

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Let's keep it in perspective...Jefferson plays on the Nets who score more fastbreak and transition baskets by accident than the Rockets do on purpose. :D Well, for now....

13. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I checked Boki's stat column on NBA.com...24 mins (most of any rocket) 3-8 fg's, 6pts, 5rebs and 4 To's. Van Gundy is giving him the minutes to prove himself. He just needs to step up now. His shooting wasnt what I was concerned with, it was the dumb turnovers he had. Since when can you take 4 steps going to the rack? His mid range jumper looked good late. He needs to stick to that. He maybe feels like he has to be part of the European Mold. (Good Long range shooter.) We all see that it isnt true right now. He could make a living from 15 ft. If he gets more confident in his ball handling and JVG lets him play alot of mins like last night, he should be fine. I mean if you think about it he is practically a rookie. We should evaluate him on a rookie basis I think. I'm out

14. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

I'm going to see how he does for the rest of the preseason games before I call him a bust.

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he sucks and he always will! he proved that last night.

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I believe that Boki will turn out to be a very good role player in the NBA, but as has been mentioned, he is still like a rookie as he didn't play much more than 20 minutes all last year. He will be fine, and since we are committed to his salary through next year, I say we keep him to see how he develops.

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Let's trade Francis and Mobley so a bench scrub that can't dribble or shoot can be more comfortable!

18. wood

wood Member

Boki did dissapoint last night, but he played well in summer games. Everyone always tlaks about the kind of shot he has, but he missed some open 3's and open jumpshots. I'm gonna wait this preseason out until I decide on him...

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

with all the european players that have been drafted lately, they couldn't possibly ALL be "the next peja". it just looks like we got one of the harold minors. hype sucks but we were all (and many other NBA execs) caught up into it. when you always expect the best, then you will 9 times out of 10 be dissapointed.

but anyway, whos to say that he can't still develop. most players dont blossom overnight. we've got other players who can play until he's ready.

moochies a different bag of cookies all together

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I would rather have TMo, but that will not happen since Boki has got guaranteed $$$.