1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

N4's Annual Nuggets Season Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I promise to switch channels from the Rockets game during commericals, just to cheer you guys on.

EVIL=JAZZ (holes)

Tha Nuggets, not so much. ;)

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Ty Lawson seems like a clone of Aaron Brooks.
    How good is shooting? Does he have range like AB?

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You have my unflinching support. Congrats for the win.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Your team took care of business, Nugz4! Damn, Lawson looks to be an excellent pick. Denver looks pretty loaded this year and you must be feeling pretty good this morning. :)

5. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

It's one game, but any time you can beat Utah you have to enjoy it.

Quick notes from last night before I try to dig my way out of the 23" of snow that's outside my doorstep:

* Lawson is amazing. I have a HUGE man crush on him.
    * AC is, um, not. Wow. Last year he was "serviceable" in limited minutes. This year, he's just horrid. Every one of those 18 minutes he was out there, he was horrible. Just horrible. I honestly thought his +/- would be a lot worse than it was.
    * Melo's in the best shape of his career. If he can keep this up...
    * Nene was pretty infuriating all game. He'd have flashes of brilliance, and then suck for a few plays. Sadly, I'm getting used to this.
    * It's just one game. Tonight's a big test. I'm hoping the team got out of town ok and wasn't delayed too late because of the weather. Portland had last night off, they're playing at home, and they want to prove they were "co-division champions" (I still can't believe they're claiming that, but whatever).
    * God I love Lawson.

6. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

It's only a matter of time for Karl to be pressured in to start Lawson over Carter. Reminds me of Alston vs Brooks

7. Nuggets4

Carter won't be starting by the time JR comes back. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Aflalo started tonight. Carter was just in there as a match-up move against the Jazz.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I really like there pickup in Ty Lawson the rookie out of NC.

They really lacked depth at PG behind Billups and now they have it, he'll be a solid contirbutor for years to come.

Just wondering for the future what that cost them.... with it being a conditional 1st rounder I wouldn't think much.

9. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Congrats on the win man.

Melo was unstoppable.

Now I'm looking forward to my Rockets whipping Blazers' ass at home.

Gonna be a tough one. :cool:

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well IMHO there were really three sleepers in the draft: ty lawson, Blair and Chase Bud.

Blair and to lesser extent Chase had reasons for them dropping, but why Lawson slipped all the way to the 20's when he's clearly a lottery talent will forever be a mystery to me.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Melo is going to lead the league in scoring this year. With Chauncey, he doesn't have to share the ball anymore and Chauncey will keep feeding him the ball as long as he is making them.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nuggets4, you are welcome. Don't know if you were able to watch, but tonight in Salt Lake City was sweeeeeet!

13. lalala902102001

I think that the Nuggets may still need a little more depth on the front line. Who's Nene's backup if he gets in foul trouble?

14. Nuggets4

I caught bits & pieces of the game. That was GLORIOUS. I have to say, I figured you guys would be more fun to watch this year (I LOVE Ariza and Battier), but you guys are exceeding expectations. Just don't do it too much, I don't want to face you in the playoffs. ;)

This is our big concern. Especially because Bird doesn't look like the Bird of '08 right now, he looks like the Bird of '04. Not good. Our reserves up front are Bird, Balkman (WHY IS HE GETTING DNP-CD'S?!?!?!?!) and Malik Allen right now. Joey Graham is (IMO) an oversized three, so he could get small minutes up front. But Nene is our only physical scoring presence up front, so if he goes down we're in serious trouble. In a perfect world, the Nugs would use the trade exemptions they have to go after someone like Chris Kaman to provide scoring & size off of the bench.

15. Nuggets4

Five games in and the Nugs appear to have some of the same problems they had last year (and the year before, and the year before, and the year before...). I realize we're 5-0, so my whining sounds stupid, but we've gotten a little lucky. The team has laid two complete eggs (Memphis and last night against New Jersey) and a partial egg (Indiana). Honestly, I have yet to see the team bring their "A" game once this season. I suppose that can be a little comforting ("They're 5-0 even when they're not playing that well"), but I'm more nervous that the team thinks they can just turn it on and off like a switch. They're not good enough to get away with that.

On the plus side, I said 6-4 for the first 10 games would be a success all things considered (6 game road trip, four back-to-backs and no JR for the first 7 games) and we're almost there already.

Melo looked like the Melo of 2007 last night. He started 1-of-12 and missed at least 4 or 5 layups. I realize it was physical inside and that he was getting pounded, but the refs were being consistent on both ends of the court so there's no excuse for that. Quit your b****ing, sack up, and adjust to it. First time this year I've been disappointed with him. Hopefully it was just a momentary lapse.

Chauncey reminds me a little of Tim Duncan in the regard that he'll put up consistent numbers, but when you need him to really step it up he rises to the occasion (NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE IS ANYWHERE NEAR DUNCAN'S LEVEL). Last night the Nugs looked horrible in the first half. Then Chauncey came out and went on a 7-0 run by himself. From that point the game was over.

I love Ty Lawson. LOVE.

I have no idea why Balkman doesn't get minutes.

I have no idea why Malik Allen does.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nugs4, the Nuggets and Melo are getting such positive coverage in the press, it almost makes me think something bad or crazy is going to happen.

17. Nuggets4

Welcome to my never-ending fear.

18. Nuggets4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWkhvdCjUSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWkhvdCjUSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

"This should be against the LAW son!" lol @ Mark Jackson

20. Nuggets4

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nisxrf7Bfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nisxrf7Bfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Up yours Manu.