1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

N.C. Marriage Amendment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At least we've moved past treating it as some kind of mental disorder. Now we just need to move past banning people from loving one another.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the problem with looking at single verses in the bible, or trying to use the bible for only a rule book.

The verse that talks about who will not inherit the kingdom of God mentions thieves, yet when Jesus was on the cross a THIEF next to him asked Jesus to remember the thief to God when he died. Jesus told the thief that the thief would be there with him. So that thief is going to inherit the kingdom of God.

3. Hightop

Hightop Member

Is that why Liberals think it is ok to steal?

1 person likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

zing!

lol

repped

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So would you support miscegenation laws since under those laws any one of any race can marry any of the same race?
    Why then even have a state sanctioned institution for anyone in the first place?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes absolutely. All liberals think it's ok to steal, and this is the exact reason for that.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh, look at the fundamentalist conservative jerk circle.

8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Its not so clear if you go back and do a word for word translation from the original hebrew and greek words. Also one could argue that the new covenant could clear this since these are old testament verses.

As a more libertarian evangelical (sort of) I'm saddened to see this law passed. Let Gays get married..you'd be surprised at how many other evangelicals feel this way..we are growing in numbers.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why in fact I stole 4 salaries from hard working people the other day so I could give myself a bonus because my yacht is looking a bit dingy these days.

2 people like this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

and my little texxy is always the one reaching (around).

His act is so tired and lacks any true originality, but he beats the dead horse every day and everyone still falls into the trap.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The world you want to live in does not exist

Thank Allah

12. Hightop

Hightop Member

As long as you give up 50% of your salary to finance Obama's drone strikes on children you will have a place in Heaven, right next to Joe Biden. (Giving up 100% of your property to the government would be best though, of course. That is the ultimate act of love)

13. Hightop

Hightop Member

That state thou decide who can marry who. Praise be to Obama.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I bet you're fun at parties.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Hightop, I finally see the light my friend. What Obama is doing with the drone strikes is wrong. I can tell you feel very strongly about this, tell me, besides crying on a message board, what are you doing to stop them? You put a terrorist in your sig, but I don't think that's going to get it done. We need a team. Someone to avenge the fallen. You should assemble; bigtex, a man with a god complex; esteban, a living legend of douchbaggery; yourself, a hulk of resentment and anger-management issues; granville and gwayneco, two master asses. With your powers combined you may be able to make enough of a fuss to power the worlds most conservative hot air balloon. Take the fight to the drones in the sky, this time, it's personal! I will be your Nick Fury, await further orders.

1 person likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Corinthians is not an old testament book, it is the letter of Paul to the Church at Corinth and it was written after the conversion of Paul after meeting the resurrected Christ on the road.

However, your first point about it being murky when you do a word for word translation is legit.

Edit: For clarification, the Greek word used by Paul in 1 Corinthians that is translated to refer to homosexual sex is found nowhere in Greek literature prior to his use and is found sparingly in Greek literature in the centuries that followed, usually as a reference back to Paul's writing. Scholars have done a lot of research on the word and many believe it more accurately refers to a man who forces himself sexually, on other men in this instance. It is possible the word traces back to Zeus raping a young boy. Like I said, it is murky what the word actually means in this instance.

#76 justtxyank, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am with you, my brother! Power to the people!

What it is, Holmes!

1 person likes this.
  18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i hope so, dfw. i felt discouraged as i sat in church this sunday, listening to a pastor who usually doesn't spout politics and conservatism, say in his prayer that the people of NC would be "taking a stand for You" this week. followed by a bunch of hollers and cheers and amens. i couldn't believe it. how can two NC gays getting married in any way affect a few churchgoers in TX. just...shameful.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

AWWWWREADY

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]