1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mystery Priest performs miracle in Missouri

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Aug 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Watched and read the story and honestly don't understand where you guys see a miracle? Priest prays with them, firetruck comes with better equipment and she's saved.

Shouldn't we thank the additional firemen and their equpiment?

Wtf...

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

If the priest hadn't come along and prayed for them, who knows, the car might have exploded and killed everyone within a mile radius.

3. what

what Member

let me ask you this pouhe, can you do an experiment with chemicals where you talk to chemicals?

but you can talk to people, why?

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Exactly.
    pouhe, come back when you can explain why we can talk to amoeba but not chemicals.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You appear to be very intelligent/educated pouhe, but being intelligent/educated doesn't mean that your opinion is more valid than anyone else. You state as a matter of fact that angels don't exist, I for one can't prove that they exist or that they don't exist. I'm curious to know exactly what proof do you have that may convince me that what you are stating (angels don't exist) is the truth.

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

no miracle was performed. misleading thread title.

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If he had been on time for once, maybe the wreck doesn't happen in the first place.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Whola lotta big words.

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah, but nobody would know a miracle just happened. No fun in that. The priest wanted to do a little marketing...

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

13. treeman

treeman Member

I've seen some weird crap happen. It's one of the reasons I believe in God.

Stuff like this happens every day. Does that mean that God/angels/demons are intervening? Of course not. But One can't definitively rule it out either. To argue about it either way is pointless.

Only honest answer is "I don't know". But personally, I do believe it happens.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Children are raped and killed every single day. Does that mean God/angels/demons are raping and killing them? Of course not, but one can't rule it out either.

That's real folks.

1 person likes this.
  15. CometsWin

Is there something about faith that is self-fulfilling? As a practitioner you condition yourself and your mind to believe in the existence of god and that prayer is heard by God or even answered by God. So the one time out of a thousand that something extraordinarily good comes from a prayer you attach special meaning to it as confirming your belief. It would not surprise me that these people find a warmth or calmness in time of prayer that is of their own making through conditioning of their minds via faith and practiced prayer, not anything to do with higher powers.

1 person likes this.
  16. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

This is the most logical post so far, with everyone else's being emotional and subjective. The Godlessness of this post aside (and also the extremely powerful nature of the mind), it's illogical for me to think that a big bang caused my body and mind to work he way it does.. So, logically, I can't help but believe there's a creator or creating force. Could it be a God? I can't disprove it, so I try not to say anything. Sometimes, not saying anything is a good thing...... And I guess this makes me a hypocrite, but I'm OK with that.

17. CometsWin

The Big Bang is not meant to explain how your body and mind work. What have become your body and mind are billions of years in the making and a failure to accept that is one of the vanities of faith.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

With all due respect to you CometsWin, talking in absolutes doesn't prove anything.
    It just implies that you have a great deal of faith in what you believe.

19. what

what Member

you are very touche when somebody questions a tenet of your faith.

20. CometsWin

Mkay. Hundreds of millions of species of animals have lived on Earth including many hominid species and you're the one created in God's image. ;)