1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MySpace] Peta Gets Ripped a New One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by plutoblue11, Jan 20, 2010.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Kelis' Letter to PETA

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=58092027&blogId=525841025

I'm not Kelis fan, but she is great for what she said about PETA. I wish one day that could be a death match stage between PETA and Westboro Baptist Church, the winner (or survivors) get to stay in America...but they can only live in (exhale to) a desolated bordertown in South New Mexico.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

PETA is just stupid and only makes people hate their cause.

That being said, she's just regurgitating the same claims that have been hurled at PETA for quite a while now.

A certain episode Penn and Teller's Bull**** in particular.

And its a horrible argument to say that vegetarians are "ok" with minorities picking their vegetables.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I have no idea who this person is, but he/she writes like a hyperactive thirteen year old girl.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I saw a documentary of PETA and to be honest the founder is seriously jacked up. It's gotten so out of hand. The funny thing is the Co-Founder left PETA a long time ago and left it to her because he personally felt it was going the wrong direction with her actions.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

MADD is the same way. Founder left because the organization just went all loony-bin.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2536572810836245987&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

7. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I would feel so terribly awful for those in the South New Mexico bordertown who would be potentially breathed on.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wow. Kelis isn't very intelligent.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The whole insulin thing is just straight proof that this woman and her nut-brained organization operate under the "the ends justify the means" mentality.

Dangerous people.

10. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Regardless of grammar or whatever people take issue with, she had valid points. They've been said about PETA before numerous times before, of course, but she is right regardless of the way she said. I'm not sure what issues people would have with what she said exactly.

11. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah, but her letter would sound a lot more credible if it wasn't so poorly written. And it is VERY poorly written.

12. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

I agree. I really wish people would pay more attention to their grammar on their Myspace blogs (and Houston Rockets internet forums.)

13. droxford

droxford Member

Well, it's one thing to have bad grammar when you're posting on a blog or a forum. It's another when you're writing a response-in-protest letter.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It wasn't just the grammar and sentence structure. She throws out terms (natural selection) and concepts she doesn't understand. I'm not a fan of PETA but I'm not a fan of ignorance masquerading as enlightenment either.

She sounds like the hip-hop Sara Palin to me.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

http://[B]blogs.myspace.com[/B]/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=58092027&blogId=525841025

from the link

16. droxford

droxford Member

You're definitely in the wrong forum. ;) :p

17. luisantonio1014

PETA is just one big media w****!!! all they do is blast celebrities who wear fur or own exotic animals. Why aren't they helping the poor homeless pets that are put to sleep in shelters because they don't have a home?

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Because, PETA puts animals to sleep, as well. ;)

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

PETA is made up of idiots, everyone knows that. If it weren't for the meat, I doubt cattle would exist here in the U.S. I'm not saying that as fact, as I'm too lazy to look it up (to see if they're a domestic animal or not...).

The insulin thing is a great point.Not to mention all of the animals killed and displaced when forests have been cut down in lieu of farmland, so that we could grow more vegetables.

Hypocrites.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Right, because that's "ethical."