1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My worst fear is that Jalen Green will be more distracted by life outside of basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LjGarci, Aug 21, 2021.

1. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Only distraction I see is the type of girlfriend he's dating.

2. pass_to_Hakeem

John Wall will take good care of him

3. pass_to_Hakeem

Exactly. He already spent a “season” in the semi pros if you will. He has already been in a locker room with NBA vets , even tho it was a bubble, to me is even better. He couldn’t leave!! He has to focus on nothing but his game. He’s young but I think he is hungry to show the league his talent.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Garm like nagging wife or parents.

You no practice??

Dead to me!!!

majicdonjuan and clos4life like this.
  5. VoR

VoR Member

Green is a Christian with a great work ethic. He dabbles in his culture, like every Gen Z does. Once he gets the taste of success, it will even out. He’s 19 and just had a bag dropped on him. Let him figure it out.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah but H-town strip clubs hit different

7. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Here we go with all the unfair unfounded narratives, just let a brotha be for once. He's an innocent kid living out his dream, he deserves to be given respect and a fair shake. Your favorite team future rests on his shoulders, show him some decency.

8. HardenVolumeOne

man the deshaun watson saga has mentally scarred houstonians way more than i even thought. I think Jalen Green will be fine, from all reports i could dig up on the kid he seems like a hard-worker and is really grounded

the only thing he said that was kinda dumb, was that, "he wanted to average 30 as a rookie." If he think its gonna be that easy to score like that in the league, reality is gonna hit him hard

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My worst fear is falling into a crevice and getting stuck

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My wrist fear is the remote falling into a crevice and having to reach in and dig out random stuff without ever getting it.

Verbal Christ and raining threes like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Unlikely but people can change. You can’t worry about things you have no way of preventing.

By all accounts - Stone, scouts, friends - he is a gym rat. Any potential this high combined with being a gym rat is a match made in heaven.

xaos and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Or Kobe. Dude took Brandy to the prom when she was one of the biggest pop stars in the country.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

ha. nice
    [​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my worst fear is that he'll keep losing in the first round for years and say it's on me then throw his teammates under the bus

oh wait

never mind

@Zboy

chievous minniefield likes this.
  15. anonmau5

anonmau5 Member

Bring back Scola.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If this is your "worst fear" basketball or otherwise then you still have a lot of life to live.

Franchise 101 likes this.
  17. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

The judgemental toxicity is through the roof. Predictably

18. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Didn't want to go through this whole thread, but do want to echo what other posters have said regarding the fact that his interests outside of basketball were already pretty robust and that didn't stop him from developing his game up to this point.

I remember hearing Jared Jack talk about him joining the Ignite Team and Jack said Green immediately sought him out to ask questions, pick his brain and learn as much as possible from the 13-year NBA vet... called him a "sponge." That isn't the behavior of someone who thinks they're already too big for this or too good to be coachable. As has already been said, he was already famous when joined that team, already an "internet star" and got paid handsomely as an 18 year old. Yet here's Brian Shaw, his Ignite coach after the G-League bubble: "He’s willing to put in the work, so he has that work ethic, he wants to be the best, he competes every day in practice, in every drill, just not wanting to lose a sprint, to lose a shooting contest."

In short, I think we drafted a basketball junkie - a true hooper - that also just happens to live a pretty high-profile, "superstar" lifestyle.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@peleincubus
    The worst thing that can happen is that he starts crying in church about his broken jumper

but that ain’t going to happen

because he ain’t a b****

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Seems like the type of guy that wears Nirvana / Metallica shirts.............. but never heard the music.

@tinman