1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My wish list: A defensive 2 guard!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Is there any way we could get Shandon Anderson back to backup Cuttino Mobley?

I think Shandon Anderson completes this team. I would trade Cato for Shandon this summer. Shandon cemented the guards for this team.

If Shandon is too expensive, who else can the Rockets give to give them some defense stability?

2. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

shandon is way to expensive and i dont believe hed want to come back.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

No way. We have our team already.

4. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I thought OT was a defensive 2 guard? :confused:

5. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Nevermind, I just saw Doc's post in another thread. Looks like it's bye-bye time for OT.:(

6. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I agree that Shandon must be soured on the Rockets, but what can the Rockets do to get someone like him on the Roster.

Look I absolutely like the Roster the Rockets have put together. But if there is any need, it is the defensive 2 guard. We don't have one on the team. Nobody to get back on defense quickly. Nobody to follow Kobe, Carter, Iverson, etc.

The Rockets need, if any is a defensive 2 guard. I just don't know who can fit that mold.

To all the insiders, do you all know if there is anybody being talked about in the Rockets circles?

7. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Hmmm!! Perhaps Bonzi Wells can solve the missing puzzle on the defensive side, but how much will that cost us? I'll tell you, somewhere around $5 mil a year and maybe long term (about 7 yrs).

8. drewpy

drewpy Member

any opinions on dane fife? he'll be at the mini-camp

9. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Greg Buckner is a great in-your-face defensive 2-3 and may be available. I love the guy and am not sure Dallas will be able to re-sign him.

I agree...we need someone to set the tone defensively and he is blood and guts.

Dallas Rocket

10. Stevie Francis

bonzi would have to start, he is too good, like r. davis he would want to start on a team, cause they are both too good.

11. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

12. lpbman

lpbman Member

wow I am stupid

DrewP

like the little cartoon dog

never put that together....

13. drewpy

drewpy Member

14. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Cool, I appreciate the recognition, but how about a name change.. to something like "Manny|Ramirez"