1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My West All-Star Line-up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-Up, Dec 20, 2002.

1. jeffjwang

jeffjwang Member

Tell me which year a NBA lottery team had two NBA All Star starters.

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Lol.

If Yao Ming starts an all star game, someone would be pissed like this! :rolleyes: A moron shouldn't be so sick.

3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

The fans vote for who they want to see start the All-Star Game. At the moment, there are more (although not by much) fans who want to see Shaq start than Yao Ming. I don't have a major problem with that. But, then again, I wouldn't have a problem with Yao Ming starting. I like the idea of the fans voting for the starters, and although it has its flaws, it gives everyone a chance to see their favorite players.
    The other 7 or so players from each conference are voted on their performance. But how many of the starters so far deserve to be there?

WEST
    F- Duncan deserves
    F- Garnett deserves
    C- Shaq debatable, but putting up good numbers
    G- Bryant same as Shaq
    G- Francis deserves

EAST
    F- Carter to me, a fan based choice
    F- Hill debatable, but good numbers
    C- Wallace deserves
    G- McGrady deserves
    G- Iverson deserves

Most of the starters (IMO) were going to be All-Stars anyway (barring injuries), so why not let them start? I think it's great how the NBA lets the fans vote for the starters. The coaches, press, etc...vote for more of the team anyway.

Anyway, here is who I would start in the West:

F- Nowitzki
    F- Duncan
    C- Yao (I hope I don't offend anyone! :) )
    G- Bryant
    G- Francis

Bench:
    Payton, Shaq, Garnett, Webber, Finley, Nash, Brand.
    G-

4. Sane

Sane Member

The Cat,

I agree with you most of the time, but, common. Shaq is the best player in the league, no doubt about it. He's just not healthy right now.

When there's Ming talk, you say it's what the fans want to see. When it's Shaq talk, you say it's about numbers and wins.

Well, which is it?

It's about what the fans want to see, which is why FANS vote for the players. China is a huge country, but the rest of the world is bigger. I'm positive that there are more Shaq-supporters with Internet access than Ming-supporters with Internet access.

If Ming doesn't start, he definitely deserves to be selected by coaches. Remember, Lakers are 7-9 with Shaq. This is while he's trying to get his wind back, trying to get into shape. You KNOW the Lakers. You're a Kings/Spurs fan on the side, and you KNOW the Lakers ALWAYS come through. It's just a matter of finding a rhythym.

5. goodspace

goodspace Member

All Fans on this board Please:

Vote for Yao!!!!

Don't dispute, just vote.

6. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

SF,

I know that Shaq should start. It was just a vote of posterity! :)

Yes, Shaq will start and should start. But, Yao will start maybe next
    or the year after that.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No. The best player this season has nothing to do with anything that's happened in previous seasons, playoffs, or whatever.

I don't care who is better than who. In fact, I could care less if Ming were averaging 5 points and 2 rebounds a game, I would still be voting for him. Fan voting translates to who the fans want to see, not who is the best.

Sane,

I know Kobe Bryant comes through in the playoffs, not Shaq. I still think of Shaq as the second best player on his own team. Shaq's numbers were down across the board in the playoffs, while Kobe's were up, and Kobe was the one making plays at the end of the close games.

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

PG-S. Marbury
    SG-B. Barry
    SF-K. Garnett
    PF-K. Clark
    C-I. Tsakalidis

Bench-R. Bell, M. Dunleavy Jr., E. Boykins, M. Jaric, M. Harpring, K. Gill, S. Walker

9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

This league is about what you have done for me lately and lately Yao is the most popular and the best center in the league. I love Shaq but I truly believe in terms of this season and this game Ming will start.

SF3-
    If a starting position on an All-Star game determines whether or not you will watch the NBA for the rest of your life, you weren't a fan in the first place, therefore you are released from your CC.net duties.:cool:

10. micah1j

micah1j Member

Standby too never watch another game!

11. MASEJ83

MASEJ83 Member

G. Payton-p
    K. Bryant-sg
    G. Rice-sf
    C. Webber-pf
    S. O'Neil-c

12. ycJason2

ycJason2 New Member

in fact, I do think Shaq is better than Ming right now, later this might change. but ur argument just doesn't make sense, the best player at the weakest postion --> best player of all? shouldn't it be the best player at the strongest position be the best player of all? and about that 3 rings thing really doesn't have too much relavence to this year. If u want rings, Horry's got 5, and let's not forgot Jordan here..