1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My So Called Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by mr_gootan, Jun 19, 2003.

1. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

More of an epic draft lottery fantasy than realistic...

1.CLE - LeBron James (G): DaJuan & LeBron? C'mon!

2.DET - Darko Milicic (PF): Will the original Bad Boy Joe "Darth Sidious" Dumars turn this young sky walker to the Darko Side?

3.DEN - Carmelo Anthony (SF): Is one year of college enough for him to pronounce "I'm open Tskitishvili"?

4.TOR (Enters 4-way trade with GS, LAC, SA)
    -- TOR sends Vince Carter to GS (Antawn overheard singing, "Reunited, and it feels so good.")
    -- GS sends Jason Richardson to TOR
    -- GS sends Mike Dunleavy Jr to LAC (Guess who'll be the coach's favorite.)
    -- GS sends Adonal Foyle to SA
    -- LAC sends Quentin Richardson to SA
    -- LAC sends Chris Wilcox to TOR
    -- SA sends Tony Parker to TOR (They get Jason Kidd, and Tony Parker becomes a French-Canadian god)
    -- TOR sends a future 1st to SA, and switches this year's 1st to
    GS - TJ Ford (PG): Arenas gone to DEN, TJ can get the ball to the pair of Heels.

5.MIA - Chris Bosh (C): Miami beach will turn him into "Bosh Spice" in no time.

6.LAC - Chris Kayman (C): Stupid Pavel. Must choose Aviophobia instead of Acromegaly.

7.CHI - Dwayne Wade (SG): Sure the telephone pole broke Jay's leg. I'm sure it wasn't the mob wanting this homer instead.

8.MIL (Trades with HOU due to MJ convincing not only Payton to stay, but also Karl Malone to join, bastid. Can anyone say "Special Olympics"?)
    --HOU trades Kelvin Cato (Center is their one weakness.)
    --HOU trades Terrence Morris, 2nd rounder and {EDIT} Future 1st
    --MIL trades Desmond Mason (This shooter is buried in MIL)
    --MIL trades Anthony Mason (Ugh, JVG thinks he can control the beast.)
    --MIL trades Joel Pryzbila (The return of Collier's replacement.) and their 1st to
    HOU - Kirk Hinrich (PG): I agree with other posters that he's a good guard.

9.NYK (Enters 3-way trade with MEM & MIN)
    --MEM sends Stromile Swift to NYK
    --MEM sends Shane Battier, Wesley Person, Earl Watson to MIN
    --MIN sends Terrel Brandon & Igor Rakocevic to NYK (Ahh, retirement induced cap space!)
    --NYK sends Allan Houston to MEM (Houston on one side, Miller on the other, and Gasol down low? That's tough.) and switches 1sts
    MEM - Maciej Lampe (C): Trying to appease their large Spanish population, MEM gets the 18yo former Real Madrid center Pole. Don't worry, Pau knows him.

10.WAS - Mike Sweetney (PF/C): Whatever Jordan wants, Jordan gets. What? It's only Eddie Jordan? Doh! Nevermind then, pick the homer.

11.GS traded to TOR - Mickeal Pietrus (SF/SG): Hoarding all the Frenchies. At least it's the cleanest hoarding in the world.

12.SEA - Luke Ridnour (PG): Homer loves the three R's: Rashard, Ray, and Radman-o-something.

13.MEM traded to NYK - Nick Collison (C/PF): Reminds them of a fatter Camby. (Traded Houston for big bodies and cap maneuverability? This must be a fantasy.)

#1 mr_gootan, Jun 19, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2003
  2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Hinrich isn't really a true PG, imo. He's a rich man's Dickau. Quick as hell, great range on the jumper.

3. AlexVanderpool

so let me get this straight....

you have milwakee giving us desmond mason, anthony mason, joel prizbilla, AND THE NUMBER 8 PICK....for

cato, t-mo, and a second round pick???????

(to everyone on the forum)....i want what he's smoking

we have as good a chance of getting this trade as we do of trading the same players for labron...

4. Live

Live Member

AlexVanderpool, couldn't have wrote it better myself.

D. Mason for Cato, maybe.
    The Masons for Cato & future #1, maybe.

Don't hold your breath on that MIL lotto pick, though.

5. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

all of these trades would never occur in the first one the clippers get dunleavy and give up wilcox and richardson unless they get rid of Odom this is a stupid trade

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

when was the last time a 4-way trade happened?

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

For some reason, I think the Steve Francis trade was 4-way. Maybe it was only 3...

8. mfclark

mfclark Member

Francis trade was just three: Orlando, Vancouver, Houston.

Patrick Ewing's move from NY to Seattle was part of a four way deal:
    The Knicks sent Patrick Ewing to the SuperSonics and received Glen Rice from the Lakers and Luc Longley from the Suns. Seattle sent Horace Grant, Greg Foster, Chuck Person and Emanuel Davis to the Lakers, and Vernon Maxwell, Vladimir Stepania and Lazaro Borrell, as well as a 2001 first-round draft pick and two second-round picks in 2001 to the Knicks. New York also got the Lakers’ Travis Knight and L.A.’s first-rounder in 2001 in the deal. Phoenix received Knicks center Chris Dudley and New York’s 2001 first-round pick.

Here's another four-way deal:
    The Utah Jazz received Donyell Marshall, Bill Curley, and Bruno Sundov. Golden State received Danny Fortson and Adam Keefe. Dallas received Dana Barros, Howard Eisley, and Scott Padgett. Boston received John "Hot Rod" Williams, Robert Pack, and one of Utah’s two first-round draft picks in 2001.

I think that's all.