1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My PS4 is nearly unplayable online (Input Lag)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

maybe the servers just suck right now? try again in a couple of days

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

So i plugged in my ethernet instead of wifi, as well as making sure the output settings were set at 1080p. I didn't notice any difference in the input lag, however, the overall connection was slightly better.

I also tried the output settings at 720p just to see if the game would run smoother, and that didn't help at all.

Is there anything I can tweak on the tv / ps4 settings that can reduce this input lag?

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Some people on YouTube / other websites are saying that renaming the HDMI input to 'PC' will reduce the input lag. Not sure why, but it's worth a shot.

Problem is, I don't know how to do that. Anyone know how to do that? LG TV Model is 32LN53

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

nevermind ^

set to PC, ill see how it runs now.