1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

My prediction Lin will be traded between Dec 15-19 (make yours)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Dec 11, 2013.

1. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I disagree, Lin is a Star

There are Stars, All-Stars, and Superstars

The Global Recognition alone makes him a Star.

Being an All-Star entails playing at an All Star level (which he is not)

Being a Superstar includes both....

2. PatBeverleyFan

Make your predictions in the random thread, guys. So this thread can disappear. :)

3. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

I've noticed that a lot of the LOH don't want to see Lin traded. You may think that strange but it's not. They just want Lin buried on the bench. If he gets traded to a team in the east he probably going to start and do well. LOH don't want that, they want keep Lin just to limit his growth. Look I love Pat Beverley and have always thought he should've the starter with his high 3pt shooting and lockdown defense a the perfect compliment to out Superstar Harden and Howard and our third option Bang.

But I don't dislike Jeremy. I would like to see him do well somewhere else. I'm am not a LOH just want to see everyone succeed both the Rockets and Lin.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

global recognition is not basketball related

5. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Neither are his stats, averages and performances apparently.

6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Being a NBA star has a lot to do with popularity. You have to play at a certain level to even become popular in the NBA, or to receive any Global Recognition, He didnt get his recognition just because of his race, His Basketball Related play is what gave him the recognition.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

This is where we're at:

Some Lin fans: Want him traded so he can thrive elsewhere
    Other Lin fans: Want him to stay because he and the team are doing well

Some Lin Haters: Want him traded because they don't want to wait for another star
    Other Lin Haters: Don't like Lin, but want him to stay as 6th man because the team is doing well.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I laughed

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

SAY NO to Deron Williams or MELO. Also Rondo kind of redundant with Bev. Brooks' value to the team rises quite a bit then. Bev could be dealt too then. Not sure having Rondo and Bev playing together would work out that well.

also - can i still troll here after the trade?

10. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I think Lin should either take a pay-cut/ renegotiate his contract, or he should be traded. He's too expensive to be coming off the bench. I don't mind him starting, but I really don't want him finishing games. I sense a weak mentality from Lin. When the pressure is on, he caves... This isn't based on stats, just the old-fashioned eye-test.

Remember, Lin had agreed to approx 3mil less, but Morey upped it so that New York couldn't match. Is there anything restricting us from re-negotiating his contract now?

1 person likes this.
  11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be shocked if Rox traded Lin. It was very telling this summer when Lin wasn't invited to meetings with Dwight before they signed him. That move alone expressed Rox didn't see Lin apart of their long term future. If trading Lin would net a return that would improve the team, Morey would do it in a heart beat, which he should. Lin has grown as a player this year which is good and it also has raised his value where he fits his contract more. Before this year started, most GMs didn't think he was worth his contract, if they did Lin would have been traded already.

12. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

I want Lin traded because the constant Lin discussion stifles all other rockets related topics. This might seem like a trivial thing but once Lin is gone so is the lightening rod and there will be no where for others to hide.

Like Beverly and his lowest starting per in the league or McHale as the coach to really lead this team to a ring?

Right now, every single issue to do with the rockets is polluted by the Lin mania. You can't have a legitimate discussion about anything without it becoming a war about how much you like or hate Lin.

13. langal

I also assume that he does drive a lot of traffic here.

14. Louka

Style might be redundant, but not skill. Rondo is much better, but also more expensive. That's the type of risk-reward analysis needed there.

They differ, however, is shooting ability. Though Bev isn't the greatest shooter, Rondo is much worse... and I think it's been discussed to death that this team needs a 3-pt shooting PG. Otherwise, I like Rondo.

15. langal

If he stays, the contract will work itself out. No way he's going to get 15 mill a year unless something remarkable happens. I would say 8 mill is out of reach too. I also don't see Bev getting a whole lot on the market. He's going to get a raise for sure but I doubt even mid-level money.

If we wind up with a long-term guard trio of Harden (max $$) Lin (middish $$), and Bev (lower $$) - then I think it would actually be money pretty well spent.

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Basically there's also a subgroup of people here who want Lin traded for entirely non-basketball reasons (i.e., can't stand his fans/haters). This is what comes with having an insanely popular player on your team. It's Lin's second season here; everyone should have gotten used to it by now.

17. Louka

makes sense to me only if Lin is starting. I [completely guessing] think Lin has a [basketball] confidence issue as it is. Though it might make sense to bring him off the bench, I think he would evolve more-so as a starter. However, I also think of Lin as the 'Matt Schaub of basketball'. He's a top 10-15 pg, and then he's not (when you need him to be). Anybody else see that analogy or it just me?

Just like Matt Schaub, when the defense comes on strong, he just topples over and sometimes even dishes out a pick-2 :p

18. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

lin a star lmao hes a good role player thats it , lin lovers get at me :O

1 person likes this.
  19. PatBeverleyFan

Lin is a star popular wise but talent wise = above average.

20. jason330i

jason330i Member

i agree with this as well.