1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My new favorite 6 seconds in sports

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

If you're looking at the Jazz forum.. that might just be one of us there. I think a good number of us signed up there on their forums.

Back to the game. I think the refs didn't want to give Rockets the credit of winning the ball game. They had to take it upon themselves in the last 6 seconds to make it seem like they're controlling the game so people will think the refs won that game by not giving calling that foul. Smart.

2. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

:D

That's awesome. Sounds like the game when Yao was hacked at the end, was BLEEDING, and the refs STILL didn't call a foul! But they made him leave the game to get the cut treated :rolleyes:

3. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Wow~~~ You say the exact right things. They hacked Yao so much with no calls.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Awesome.

My wife says, "Oh.. so they want the fouls called when it will benefit them, huh? Serves 'em right."

I loved it. ;)

---btw----
    from game 4... I coined this phrase among my friends up here... "Next time I want to plan a vacation I'm calling Carlos Boozer. He's very familiar with traveling."

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Your wife watches the game with you??

man my gf gives fits sometimes when I'm watching the game. :mad:

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Every Rockets game we get up here in Dallas... all... year... long.

And she requests the '94 Championship dvd's on "off" nights! :cool: :cool: :cool:

7. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

No wayyyy.... you are just making us jealous. There are really
    wife/GF like that out there? :p

I'm expecting the series going 7 with the way the refs calling the games.
    I bet the Jazz will have 20+ more FT then us in game 6.

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

My friend and I were laughing about this very same thing. Guess it's not so great when you want the foul, huh Boozer?

This should be sent to every ESPN and other sports journalist out there. Certainly one of them will enjoy the laugh well enough to stick it in a column. :D

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Add this to the "Why Men Don't Want to Get Married" thread... :D jk.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

youtube anyone?

I missed the last five minutes of the game, as soon as Houston took the lead for good I had to leave... I was confident they would pull it out....

11. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Haha, Craig Ackerman pointed that out after the game. It was excellent.

12. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

Right on the point. Yao is still not fully recovered from the injury. BUT Okur has no way to guard yao so succesfully without help of refs. Not sure if you guys see that. When Okur defends Yao, His one hand holds yao's back, while he uses his other hand to reach in constantly. That is definately a foul because it blocks yao when yao is trying to dribble around him. Okur basically use both of his arms to wrap up Yao when Yao is backing down or spinning around him. I do not know why refs just ignore that every time, while they always blow the whistle when Okur is flopping.

13. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

we won game 5 despite horrible officiating. The offensive fouls they called on Yao made me sick. At least they could attempt to call it both ways...

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Quite possibly the best written game observation in the history of sport! Great post!

15. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

One of the most hilarious and refreshing threads in recent times... Well written as always, Will.

Respect.

SS999

16. Sextuple Double

The irony.......Their reliance on no-calls was the icing on the cake for us.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

IROC it that's super cool. I've, over the years, transformed my wife from no caring about basketball to becoming a hard core rockets fan!

We were both laughing our butts off at the end of the game as well

18. looper

looper Member

Will, I didnt watch the game, but your post gave me a perfect impression of the entire game...

GOOD POST MAN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~is there an option for 10 stars? this is the best read I got from CC in 4 years...

19. YaoYoYao

YaoYoYao Member

5 star!

I noticed that too ... at the of the game, Jazz and Rockets players alike were looking at either with the WTF look! haha