1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My neighbor, the douche

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

I've posted on here before about my 85 ish year old neighbor. He's such a douche.

He's put a used toilet on my lawn before, with a sign, with his address, for $10.

He puts his trash in my yard on trash day. After I got sick of it, and threw it back in his yard, he got in a sxreaming match with me, from his yard, telling me he had been doing that for fifty years (a story google street view confirmed as a lie).

He yelled at my wife because her leaf piles were blowing in his yard. I promptly knocked on his door after I found that out and told him he not to ever confront my wife in that way if he has an issue with something.

Today, I'm at work, and my wife is mowing the front yard. He's parked in front of my yard, obscuring a fire hydrant, mind you. My wife says screw it, and goes to now near his van. He comes running out, waving his as, saying he'd move it.

Then, after he moves it, he comes back and tells her our tree branches are getting close to his driveway, and we need to trim them. They're about three feet from him driveway. He starts walking away, but then comes back, cuz he forgot to tell her the tree is leaning towards his driveway and we need to stake it back upright. The tree has been there for at least twenty years. Its got maybe a 5 degree lean. He keeps saying he's not trying to be mean, so I guess she shouldn't be offended.

She calls me at work and tells me. I told her I'd come hole and saw it down so it laid across his driveway.

Anyways, I get home, trim the branches, whatever.

They come over an hour later trying to tell me they didn't mean that we had to trim the branches, and they didn't want us to be mad. They didn't was there to be any hard feelings. Besides, it's not even the right time of the year to trim tree branches.

I just sat there, biting my tongue, wanting to say some pretty nasty things, but I decided to be the bigger person. I just said "Yeah" and "I know" over and over, as rudely as possible. The old lady looked like she was about to cry.

I'm not a mean or aggressive person, by any means. I've been told by handfuls of people that I'm too nice. I don't get upset easily. But this guy just pisses me off.

/rant

1 person likes this.
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

3. Dubious

Dubious Member

Dude you can't win in a neighbor fight
    You can win in an old man fight
    You really can't win in an old man neighbor fight

Do your best to stay disengaged, cut him all the slack you can stand
    Keep telling yourself he will be dead soon

2 people like this.
  4. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Member

Just keep pissing him off, he is 85 theres no way his heart/body can take much stress.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When I was 17 or so the old man neighbor was always a surly douche for the 4 years since we moved in. Muttering to himself, total crabby attitude. Always b****ing about something. One day he yelled at my mom and made my mom cry so I went over there and confronted him, basically told him to stfu and mind his own business. I hate confrontations and this was something totally out of character for me, but I did it anyway.

After that he was totally nice to us and always asked me how school was going and usual stuff. He was cool with me from that day on. About 2 years after that he passed on.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Wow, a wife that mows the grass. That's impressive, I haven't seen anything like that since the 80's. Does she use a push mower, or a riding mower?

7. Mr. Brightside

Don't worry. He'll be dead soon.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

See the positive part of it. They said they didn't want to cause you trouble and they want no hard feelings. Just take a deep breath and take it for what they said it is. Old people can be difficult at times, but at least they realized that you were upset and they were worried about it. Cut them some slack.

9. juicystream

juicystream Member

My mother, grandmother, and wife all mow the grass. My grandma has a riding mower, but for years always used her push mower instead, despite owning an acre (she also refuses to use a dishwasher).

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Does he also go to the club and buy shots and hit on random girls?

Then he'd really be a douche.

11. Two Sandwiches

As much as I try to talk her out of it, she usually gets home an hour and a half before me, and I can't keep her from dong it.

It's a push mower.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Now your lawn, your wife shouldn't be doing that.

Good job handling the situation. He shouldn't be speaking to her anyway.

13. Nook

Nook Member

As long as she wants to do it.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I bet they're racist too.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He must read clutchfans. He took a dump in your yard proving he's the alpha dog.

16. Two Sandwiches

You got your threads mixed up, breh.

17. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Do you have an HOA? If yes, don't let an old senile neighbor tell you whats right and whats wrong. He probably doesn't know any bylaws. Tell him to forward all his complaints to the HOA and you do the same.

I hate confronting neighbors about issues...that's what the HOA is for if it comes to that.

18. Chamillionaire

Did he wash his *ick in the sink too?

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Do you have a son yet? If no then have one and name him Dennis....

20. Buck Turgidson

Do you ever see family or friends around that look after him?

If not, he's really just looking for attention the only way he can. Old people get lonely, and not just that, old people left to their own devices get weird.