1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My mom knows famous people...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My Dad started out at NASA in the training area and trained all the original astronauts. He also worked with Gene Kranz (Apollo 13 flight director). Does that count?

My Mom saw Brian Benben at a flea market in a little town in Texas (Martin Tupper from "Dream On" back when that show was huge on HBO). He was there with his wife...actress Madeleine Stowe. She also met Jacques Cousteau back in the day and got his autograph.

Big whoop. Their all people who someone has to run into sometime.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I only met her one time EddieWasSnubbed, tell her to stop bragging.

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Must be from the Klein area. I was friends with someone who married into the family. Lyle showed up to the wedding in a tux with muddy dirt motorbike boots because he forgot his nice shoes...

I used my Apple discount to get a better deal for Jean Tripplehorn and her husband (Leland Orser, he was the killer in the bone collector). Her brother was a tech for Apple and had already used his for the year and I hadn't used mine yet. She was very nice.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Yup....he still plays Anderson Fair and the Mucky Duck from time to time.

5. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Almost all the celebs I have met are big in Mexico, so not many people here would know who they are. My dad would travel to Mexico alot when I was growing up and made a lot of friends along the way, so I got to go to a lot of weddings, parties and what not.

I have met:

Jorge Rivero - Mexican actor who stayed at our house one night in the 80's
    Vicente Fernandez - Sinatra of Mexico - went to his son's wedding
    Angelica Vale - soap star - Met her at a party - Almost got to hook up with her, but my Spanish sux
    Manolo Martinez (RIP) - World Champion bullfighter - He was one of my dad's best friends
    Ann Richards (RIP) - went sailing with her when my dad was working on her campaign

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i smoked a joint with milla jovovich once.

Deckard and Nook like this.
  7. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

My cousin (thru marriage) is divorcing NYMets catcher Paul LoDucca.
    He was cheating on her with a 20something yr old.
    They met in San Antone while played in LA Dodgers' farm system the Missions.

Nook likes this.
  8. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Is it just me or does it not make others feel bad to name drop?

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

:eek:

Shoot me that phone number, will ya?

:) :D

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

My brother was good friends with TX Blues guitarist Jerry Lightfoot +RIP+

11. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

My father is one of Evel Knieval's doctors.

12. UberDork

UberDork Member

I was behind a crowd who saw Queen Elizabeth ride by. I didn't get to see her though because the freaking crowd was blocking my way, but I did see the crowd who saw the queen. That's my claim to fame.

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

My mom and my aunt hung out with the beach boys at their house one time. Oh, and my granddad, brother, and cousin all worked for the local minor league ball club so I got to meet some players, some of whom went on to become famous, like Gary Sheffield.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That's just silly. :)

My guitar player's father was once called "the finest banjo player in Nashville" by Roy Clark. He has played with TONS of people, most recently as the session player for Clint Black. His band back in the 60's and early 70's backed Liza Manelli. My guitar player has a picture of his dad with Liza on the Ed Sullivan show! :eek:

I have a friend who has been the drum tech for ZZ Top for 11 years. He was out with Van Halen all last year and played percussion for the entire Sammy Hagar tour this year. He has done artwork on drums and guitars for Aerosmith, the Chili Peppers, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Alter Bridge and on and on.

Myself, I've met a ton of musicians and athletes. As to getting to know them, playing/working with them, really just a few worth noting:

Zakk Wylde (Ozzy)
    Doug Pinnick (Kings X)
    Bruce Kulik (KISS)
    Liberty DeVito (Billy Joel)
    Jennifer Batten (Michael Jackson)
    John Patitucci (Chick Corea)
    Rudy T.
    Matt Bullard

Met tons more.

Oh, but my favorite is a good friend of mine is married to the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Robert Rodriguez, the director. That puts me two degrees of separation from Salma Hayek. Yama hama!

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

When I was 12, Jay Buhner gave me a ride home from a baseball camp that nobody showed up to and was cancelled. He was only in high school then though.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My mom was the baby sitter for the 1969 New york jets kids, including Joe Nameth's kids.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Oh yea...I'm the illegitimate butt baby of Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee, and Neil Peart. Don't ask how it happened.

I play four instruments simultaneously with my arms and feet. :D

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

my dad's uncle's brother won the lottery. i've never met the brother (despite seeing the uncle at most every christmas and at our deerlease all the time and playing golf with him many times) and that doesn't make him famous, but it does make him rich. i doubt any of it makes it my way, though.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

seriously, when are you just going to get run over by a bus.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

"one" of his doctors - its shouldnt be funny, but that statement made me chuckle.