1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Mid 20s Crisis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mazyar, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Too defeatist, too reactive. Pay down your debt, everything else will be easier. And stop measuring your current life against what you wish it could be; measure it against what it will be twenty or thirty years from now: when your parents are dead, you have much less career and educational mobility, and all the attractive women your age are already married.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Sounds like you have a decent credit rating...

Refi your debt, switch to Geico, then use the saved money on coke and hookers.

You' can be a 24 yr old sex fiend drug addict once and only once.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

dude, you are just down the dumps. Make a list of fun things you would like to do and find a way to do them.

You are young and I assume healthy... if you are bored and depressed with your life the way it is, change it.

good grief, its not like you are 80 bald and on a respirator.

Relax and live a little.

4. Will-Pac

Will-Pac Member

Shave your pubes.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding, KC. What I wouldn't give to at least have a 25 year old body!

OP, do you have a degree? If you do and think having an advanced degree would help you out in your career, go to night school. People actually do that, you know. Besides, you're young enough to make a dramatic career change, going back to school, or not. Are you living with your parents? Is that why you are "helping with the mortgage?" If not, that is a hell of a nice thing you're doing. I'm going to have to be 80 before my kids are rich enough to support my wife and I in the manner to which we'd like to become accustomed.

Suggested reading... basso's thread on this page! ;)

6. giddyup

giddyup Member

My 9-YO daughter picked up one of her old school photos last night and remarked: "I was so happy when I was young..."

We both laughed til we cried. :)

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

mo money, mo problems

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

You've had people walk out on you before, but not when you were being so charming, huh? ;)

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I don't think so. I was just saying life is only as good as you make it.

I'm pretty happy with my life but if I had the chance to live my 24th year over again, are you kidding?? I'd do it in a SECOND.

I wish I studied more and partied less in college. I wish I’d have chosen a different major. I wish I’d taken it all more seriously. But I’m 39 now, married with a kid on the way, so it’s a little late to change that. Too many other responsibilities, too many other people depending on me. So I just decided to be happy with what I have, start looking forward to the future and stop looking back with regret. Frankly, it was easy to do.

You’re 24, you’ve got your whole life ahead of you. That’s not just a cliché, it’s the truth. You can do anything you want because you have TIME to do it.

As far as the debt goes, I would suggest getting this book:

The Total Money Makeover

10. xcharged

xcharged Member

start an underground religious fight club...

call it "Punching For Jesus"

11. bucket

bucket Member

I'd say maybe go back to school and get a graduate degree. It can't hurt, and it sounds like you need to shake things up a bit, both career-wise and socially.

12. blathersby

blathersby Member

I'm also 24, mayzar. I found the woman of my dreams. We fell in love, and we dated for a year and a half. Then, she left. I still miss her.

Thing is, you're at an impasse. You're at a point where everything in your life has changed; for over 20 years, your life centered around other people assisting you financially and you going to school. That all changed. Fact is, you're only 24. You don't need to worry so much. Don't have reservations and just do.

Don't like your career? Thinking of going back to school? Do it. Go back. Take one class at a time if you have to.

Want to find a nice girl? Bust your butt over to the ClutchFans weight loss thread if you need it, and get yourself in the best shape possible. In the meantime, be the best YOU that you can be. Women will come.

But as bad as you feel, remember that nothing will change unless you act. Realize that fact, and as much as everything in you is telling you to just settle how things are, you'll drive yourself to be someone better.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

24? Are you freaking kidding me?

Dude, grab life by the horns, you are 24 years old.....that is the prime of your life.

Just wait until you are 44, married with kids, out of shape, body creaks when you get out of bed in the morning, and you bruised your tailbone playing basketball which means you have to wait 5 weeks before playing again...meaning...MORE out of shape.

24....come on, get with it....man....buy some Trojans and get nizbusy.

DD

14. the futants

the futants Member

I read on a message board once that Nair works wonders on the 'nads...

15. Ron from the G

No matter your age if you don't like where your life is in the current situation never be afraid to hit the reset button. Whether it be changing jobs, moving, or going back to school. Never be afraid to hit that reset button.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I had a mid-20s crisis. Now, I'm in my mid-30s crisis. But, I've realized that I'm just sort of a depressive person and everything in the pastb has always seemed better, everything in the present drab, and everything in the future daunting. It's not my life but my perspective.

Maybe I'll go have another kid.

17. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

LOL...wow

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

I like your attitude, sir, but it's "Our GM is smarter THAN yours"... "than"... :cool:

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

She changed her mind. ;)

20. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

I love this answer.

OP, trust me, I am going through same thing except with love life. I'm getting married so the wedding planning will be my baby for a year and half. I'm going back to school to finish my second degree and see what I'll do after I get it in the fall. maybe you just need to shake up your life...take a trip somewhere or start a new hobby. right now, the economy is bad so you are better off having a job instead of no job and in school. go to school at night if possible. have you considered moving to another city? I think that will help you...i could do that but we have a mortgage and family ties in houston. you know we, mexicans, gotta stick to families. :)