1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Ideal Rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

We have had harden for a long time and still no championship. The way the roster is constructed ,old and cap strapped it makes sense to start a rebuild. At some point harden is going to want out and we just basically holding him hostage , we have to understand that the roster is just not championship caliber ,losing to the Lakers in 4-1 fashion is an indicator of this. Even morey dipping on us was a sign. BTW he was overrated and so was Dantoni. With all this said this said I will present you guys my ideal roster rebuild
    1)Trade Harden to nuggets for Murray, Porter jr and picks. Murray last year in the playoffs per 36 mins averaged 24 points, was 45% on 3pointers and 54% on 2 point fgs. Porter jr has potential to be a future star, per 36 in the playoffs his stats would be 17 points on 38% from 3 and 59% on 2s. You could also get picks and maybe some swaps. The nuggets are in win now mode and harden takes them over the top. Jokic and harden would be unstoppable.
    2)Concerning Russ ,ideally I want Kevin Knox and fillers/picks back if he was traded to ny ,Knox is only 21 and has a similar playing style to Giannis .He's not a great shooter right now but he definitely has potential to be an impact player in the future.\
    3) There was talks about warriors disliking wiseman and would consider trading the #2 pick for Roco,i would do this trade in a heart beat and draft best player available.
    For the rest of the guys you have a fire sell ,trade pj for a 1st to a contender and eg ,idk if this is possible but maybe trade eg for a 1st and offer to pay some of his salary.
    With Murray ,porter jr ,picks, the #2 pick and possibly knox your future would look bright .

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

And then watch as OKC uses their swap rights to take the overall #1 pick from you in next year's draft.

D-rock likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You want a rebuild? First start off with Tillman selling the team.

Texanasiafan likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If you trade Roco for that #2 pick, you get Edward's and call it a win.

Highlyrated likes this.
  5. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

It would be top 5 forsure,Presti fleeced us badly with all those swaps.

6. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Also there's rumors Charlotte wants Russ and may be willing to give up the #3pick,if they do then rockets should do it.Asap

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Here’s how I would map it out:

1) assume we trade Harden for Simmons and a bunch of picks

2) Westbrook for cap relief

I consider these the worst case scenarios, so a good place to start.

Gordon / McLemore
    House / Nwaba
    Simmons / Covington / Tucker

That’s minus $82 million in salary for Harden and Westbrook, then plus $31 million for Simmons.

All of that leaves us with about $29 million in cap space.

The first thing I’d do is go get Christian Wood. A floor spacer 5 that doesn’t demand the ball is exactly who Simmons needs. He’s about the same age as Simmons, so it gets you reset on a new young core.

I’d also sign a stretch 5 backup for Wood with a minimum contract.

Then you need to go get a guard. I would not get too aggressive here...keep your cap flexible. If you sign someone, make sure they are a positive asset. Why? Because your ultimate goal should be to trade or sign for a star to pair with Simmons. I’d watch Bradley Beal, assuming the trade assets we get are good enough.

Let’s say you can get the deal done for Beal:

Gordon, Tucker and picks for Beal

Beal / McLemore
    House / Nwaba
    Covington
    Simmons
    Wood

basically Harden, Westbrook, Gordon and Tucker for Simmons, Beal and Wood

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

CHA: Russ Westbrook, Danuel House + 15th pick (Magic)
    PHI: Buddy Hield, Terry Rozier + 32nd pick (Hornets)
    ORL: Eric Gordon, Devonte Graham, Justin James, Jalen McDaniels + 3rd pick (Hornets)
    SAC: Josh Richardson, Cody Zeller + 25th pick (76ers) + Rockets 2022 FRP
    HOU: Ben Simmons, Aaron Gordon, Matisse Thybulle, Mo Bamba

Harden/McLemore
    Thybulle/Nwaba
    RoCo/Tucker
    AG/Bruno (vet min)
    Simmons/Bamba

If Harden still wants to be traded in 2021 then move him + PJ to Heat for multiple FRP + Herro, Nunn, Robinson/KZ.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What is this dribble of a thread?

If we can just trade whoever we want for whatever we want, then let's at least assemble an all star team.

10. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Simmons is a good player but he’s not even a Top 15 player player. Harden is arguably one of the top 3 players in the league. If you trade Harden you need to get back better value. Someone in the category of Mitchell, Lillard, Murray plus a pick. Preferably a young guy that can facilitate and score. Murray would be a dream come true, although considering how well he played in the playoffs I doubt the Nuggets would part with him.

Highlyrated likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Porter Jr is injury prone and pillow soft