1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My House For Sale

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just like on hg channell, less is more. the more space you can show by being less stuff in there, the better. In this market, people are really hesitant to buy, but the smart people know this is the best time to buy.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I just found out a good friend is looking in the Heights right at the price range. I'm sending him your way.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks.

I had a couple come by yesterday for a second showing. They asked if I had any offers yet and even asked a couple questions that seemed like a precursor to negotiations. I was here when they first came by because they showed up without an agent just out of the blue last Tuesday. Yesterday, I got back before they had left not realizing it was the same people and ran into them as they were leaving.

Not holding my breath or anything, but I think my agent and I have determined the house is in the right price range and there is clearly interest, which is good. Closing time in the Heights is now between 90-120 days on average and I'm only on day 11, so I'll try to be patient. :)

4. Yonkers

I looked at a house in the Heights yesterday myself. I don't know too much about the area though so you can tell me. It's at 22nd and Oxford. That's pretty far north in the Heights I guess. Is that a good area? But with Oak Forest and all these other areas building out, maybe it's not a big deal.

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I really like that house.

Good luck -- I keep expecting the next post to be a "SOLD."

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

That's what I keep checking back for, the big SOLD post. :)

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, it's still in a really good area - still considered the Heights - but it is just a little behind the rest of the area - not by much. The area considered really the best part of the Heights runs from Houston Avenue Shepherd (east and west) and from I-10 to 20th (north and south) with a few areas of exception in there (south of 9th between Yale and Shepherd, for example).

The areas north of 20th are still very good, particularly up to 26th and between around Arlington and Shepherd. You really need to just size up the street and the house itself. The whole area is going to continue to get better, not worse.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks, but I'm realistic. I expect it will sell, but I'm going to be patient. :)

9. Yonkers

The house is awesome but I think my wife is going to poo poo it because it has no yard.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, it has a beautiful yard. One of my favorite things about this place. It's just small. But the lot is 6000 square feet which is good size for the Heights.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think Yonkers was talking about the house he looked at on 22nd. Not yours. :)

12. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

Beautiful house. If I was looking, I would totally be interested in it. 239 is a steal. It will probably sell pretty soon. IMO, the dirt alone is probably worth close to what you're asking.

BUT, if it doesn't sell soon, I'd suggest taking the window unit down and keeping it in the closet or at a friends house and replacing the HAR pictures that have the window unit in them.

Even though you know the house has central air, people driving by don't. Same thing with people that look it up on HAR. Sure, it says central, but if I'm searching through hundreds of listings, I may just see the window unit in the picture and move along to the next one.

My two cents.

Great house.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Actually, window units are pretty common in The Heights. I would even venture to say that there are just as many houses with them as there are with central air.

14. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

That's my point. You look at his house as one with a window unit as opposed to one with central air. If I am not mistaken, Jeff's house has both.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"That's what SHE said! :D"

"Awww... look at it... it's just so cute!" - name that comedian. Not you, Master.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gotcha. I didn't know he had both.

Dude, seriously...

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I understand what you're saying here. When me and my girl were looking for houses we skipped any that had pictures of window units. Didn't stop to read or look any further, just went on. It may not matter to Jeff though as he has stated he has multiple people interested regardless so maybe some people actually read the entire listing before moving on to the next house.

18. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Aw man, I love it. I would SO be into this if it were another year down the road.

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, I removed the window unit. I probably should re-take the photos, but we're still getting a bunch of showings. Good idea though.

20. Yonkers

Dave Attell