1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my hair is on fire!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thegary, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Dude, you @ me and brought up a lame and ignorant rhetorical question to "fire all of trump appointees", which I gave you the reason why he hasn't.

Firing all the previous holdovers is normal. Keeping the holdover is an outlier.

It's funny you're butthurt about people insulting you when you act like you've never socialized with normal people in a regular setting before.

Astrodome and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. astros123

astros123 Member

I run a medical company and talk to folks literally all day. I've been in medical sales all my life. Believe me I'm accustomed to talking to clueless folks which is why alot of the things you say I laugh at.

Biden kept alot of trump appointees in place. You do know Don dejoy trumps post master is literally in place even after democrats claimed he was a MAGA plant. You just spin baseless points. It's funny

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

You can ignore that it's normal for a new president of a different party to fire all prosecutors of the previous admin (Durham was still special counsel) or how Delaware is a different state when it comes to business.

It could be nothing. I'd feel better if it were, and it's way easier for them to present everything and act openly if it were nothing. He's had several years to close this investigation, and some, like the IRS whistleblowers, would argue it might be better off for Weiss to close the investigation so that DOJ doesn't have a block towards criminal discovery.

I think you're a weirdo who can't understand, negotiate, and hold a debatable point. I don't like holding that over you, but we like calling things as we see it. :)

BTW, try to stay within the chain rather than calling me out in different threads without responding to my direct replies. Makes it seem like you're off balanced.

#2703 Invisible Fan, Sep 6, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry if that quote offends you.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

https://oversight.house.gov/release...artner-on-burisma-corruption-media-response/

Press Release
    Published: Sep 6, 2023
    Comer Probes VP Biden’s Staff Collusion with Hunter’s Business Partner on Burisma Corruption Media Response
    Collusion happened the same day Hunter “called D.C.” for help with “government pressure” facing Burisma

WASHINGTON—As part of the investigation into the Biden family’s influence peddling schemes, today House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) is calling on the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to provide complete and unredacted documents related to the Office of the Vice President colluding with the Biden family and their business associates.

In one example, on December 4, 2015, Eric Schwerin, a longtime Biden family business associate, wrote to Kate Bedingfield in the Office of the Vice President providing quotes the White House should use in response to media outreach regarding Hunter Biden’s role in Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company. Later that day, Ms. Bedingfield responded to Mr. Schwerin saying, “VP signed off on this[.]” According to Devon Archer, after a Burisma board of directors meeting in Dubai on the evening of December 4, 2015, Hunter Biden “called D.C.” to discuss pressure that Burisma asked him to relieve.

“Joe Biden never built an ‘absolute wall’ between his family’s business dealings and his official government work – his office doors were wide open to Hunter Biden’s associates. There is evidence of collusion in the efforts to spin media stories about Burisma’s corruption while Vice President Biden was publicly pushing an anti-corruption agenda in Ukraine. Suspiciously, Hunter Biden’s associate had a media statement on Burisma approved by Vice President Biden himself the same day Hunter Biden ‘called D.C.’ for help with the government pressure facing Burisma. Americans demand accountability for this abuse of government office for the benefit of the Biden family. The Oversight Committee will continue to pursue all evidence to provide much needed transparency to the American people,” said Chairman Comer.

In the letter to Archivist of the United States Colleen Shogan, Chairman Comer requests the documents and information below regarding communications between the Office of the Vice President and Hunter Biden or his business associates. The full letter can be found here.

• Complete and unredacted versions of all documents from Records on Hunter Biden, James Biden, and their Foreign Business Dealings, Case Number 2022-0121-F;
    • All documents and communications to or from the Executive Office of the President (including but not limited to the Office of the Vice President) to, from, copying or regarding Eric Schwerin, Devon Archer, Vuk Jeremic, John Robinson “Rob” Walker, or Jeffrey Cooper;
    • All documents and communications to or from Kate Bedingfield, Michael Carpenter, Kathy Chung, Amos Hochstein, Colin Kahl, and Alexander Mackler to, from, copying or regarding Hunter Biden or James Biden; and
    • All executive calendars created for then-Vice President Joe Biden dating from January 20, 2009 to January 20, 2017.
    Read More:

Comer Seeks NARA Records Revealing How Then-VP Biden Mixed Official Government Duties with Family’s Influence Peddling

Comer & Donalds Probe Then-Vice President Biden’s Misuse of Air Force Two

Biden Family Investigation

Biden Family Influence Peddling Timeline

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

basso likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

...they don't even have the votes for a INQUIRY from the far right lolol. Hilarious how the folks who have seen the evidence know there's nothing there

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Serious question:

-Do you think Jeff Sessions or Bill Barr would investigate for 5 years, appoint a special counsel and bring these charges against Don Jr. for this gun charge if Trump was still in office?

I’m fine with Hunter paying his dues since nobody is above the law, but we do need to take a step back and understand how crazy it is that the DOJ feels the need to bring the hammer down this hard on the presidents son just because they are afraid of GOP bullying, MAGA propaganda, and the fear of retribution in Trump comes back into power with the mandate to be an autocrat.

9. dmoneybangbang

Feels like this is going to be a big nothing burger of tax evasion crimes and gun charges...

But I wouldn't put it past the Crooked GOP to use this as some phony baloney excuse to impeach Biden because the GOP is directed by Trump.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

Impeach him for what? What would the crime be? They don't even have 210 votes for impeachment

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

The House technically could impeach the President for the actions of a family member as we all should know there is no legal definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors." Politically though that seems like a recipe for disaster. Unless they can specifically tie Joe Biden to action by Hunter Biden this seems like a non starter.

I'm sure McCarthy knows this and he's just pandering to the Jim Jordan MTG wing of his caucus.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

This morning I heard that they were leaning towards the Afghanistan withdrawal being the primary article filed. That’ll be a tough one given it will have many highly decorated senior military heroes taking the witness stand likely in Bidens favor to explain what went down and why.

The best they can hope for is a pissed off gold star parent who watches too much Fox taking the stand to blame Biden for their child’s death which is why they might think this is their best play. Like Benghazi anytime there is a dead soldier you can exploit that at some level if you want.

If they impeach him over Hunter Biden it’ll be a really stupid decision for the GOP and will likely cost them seats in the House and maybe control of the House if Biden gets re-elected. If Biden can also hold onto the Senate (harder to see happening but possible), retake the House after winning re-election, that’ll setup one of the most consequential presidencies in our history.

So yeah… impeaching Biden… especially over Hunter Bidens penis pics… would be incredibly stupid. Impeaching him over Afghanistan… we’ll see. Likely stupid but there’s potential to deceive the electorate a bit more with that one.

astros123 likes this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

There's not a chance in hell they would ever impeach him over Afghanistan and open themselves up. Not in a million years would the pentagon ever allow that.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Does anyone actually believe this talking point?

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

The House knows they don’t have anywhere close to the votes in the senate. Maybe they get Sinema and Manchin on a good day (still unlikely) but they won’t get Romney or Murkowski.

Make no mistake… if the House does this, it’ll be for the sole purpose of holding impeachment hearings in the House first for weeks which will be the Gym Jordan show. It’ll be so partisan and full of lies that the real risk is MSNBC and CNN not even covering the hearings. Plus they have the problem of Dan Goldman and Jamie Raskin being able to destroy their arguments and cross examine their witnesses.

If it gets voted out of the House though after the hearings, I suspect it’ll die a quick death in the Senate. Chuck Schumer will likely still adhere to the formalities but it’ll be a few days long at best and the impeachment managers will get obliterate by the Biden lawyers which I suspect will be heavy hitters like Bob Bauer.

It’ll be a sh$t show for sure and the GOP will destroy their chances at holding the house most likely… that is unless Joe Biden has skeletons in the closet he’s managed to keep hidden for years which I doubt since he’s been vetted now twice (once when Obama picked him and before the 2020 nomination…. Not to mention 2 years of Bill Barr etc. with the power of the Trump presidency.).

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

It’s not really a talking point. The fact is the MAGA world for years now has believed the Hunter Biden laptop is the Rosetta Stone for all things dirt on JOE Biden, and all they’ve found so far is embarrassing things about Hunter Biden like penis pics.

The laptop did lead to Bill Barr and the Trump DOJ and later the Garland DOJ looking into any and everything they could find which is where the tax and the gun issues came in.

In the end though… this is pretty much a dic pic story. Not a talking point… it’s a fact.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No, no one is going after Hunter Biden for dick pictures. That is a lie the Democrats tell to deflect from investigations into Hunter's business dealings and possible connections to Joe Biden.

18. astros123

astros123 Member

They should go after Hunter Biden. Hes a crook. David Weiss should've asked for special status on the first day of biden admin. Bill barr put an assclown on the investigation. Barr should've made it special counsel from day 1 nd given it to someone competent. Hunter biden deserves to be in prison. Nobody should be debating otherwise.

Joe biden has never done anything illegal and that was always the point. You'll never find anything

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Of course that’s what they want so they can use to take Joe Biden out of office or bring him down to Trumps level in 2024 so he’s beatable. Nobody said that’s not what they wanted. What they have though equates to dick pics. Everything else regarding Joe Biden is all theory that Republicans are selling as fact on Fox etc.

And let me ask you the same question I asked earlier that I didn’t get response to:

-Would Don Jr. have been indicted for these exact crimes under a Trump admin DOJ? Jeff Sessions did recuse and his assistant appointed Mueller yes but that was because of a matter of national security (Russia influence/Manafort, etc.). Would Jeff Sessions or Bill Barr ever investigate for 5 years and bring charges on gun registration and tax charges on Don Jr. just because a Democrat voter who works at a laptop repair shop got Don Jr’s laptop and gave it to someone like Adam Schiff??

#2719 dobro1229, Sep 7, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It takes a long to indict rich people. Trump and Hunter could have been indicted years ago.