1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My gut tells me trading Harden any time within the next month or so is worse than CP3 trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Dec 14, 2020.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Just a general feeling. Tilman said he’d be uncomfortable with Harden and try to make this work.

Embrace the angst. The roster is simply too good to panic trade this guy just to get over the uncomfortableness.

This team’s potential is extremely high. John Wall is quietly a playoff player. All his stats and impact spike tremendously in his playoff career.

Christian Wood May very well be an all-league talent.

Nwaba is at least as good as Luc. Possibly as good as RoCo.

And Boogie has a lot left. Plus new coaching. You simply don’t destroy a foundation like this for one guys emotional state.

That Bill Simmons video showed this with Hakeem in 93, Pippen in 98, and Kobe in 07.

KEEP HARDEN INDEFINITELY.

2. alethios

alethios Member

Naw, trade him. If the dude wants out no matter what, keeping him would bring the rest of the team down. It's time to move on.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

They'll get some very good talent for Harden.

Plowman and roslolian like this.
  4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

But he doesn’t want out no matter what necessarily. It’s a slippery slope, he’s playing the season out.

What’s his limit? If the Rockets are gonna be a top 2 seed, you think he’s gonna just quit at the ASB or sit out the playoffs?

This team is a cult. Harden has been disillusioned, but if they start winning, and they start dominating, the fun comes back, that addicting feeling of winning comes back, ego comes back.

That cult camaraderie comes back. This is literally like Hakeem in 93. New coach, new system, a lack of control.

They can reel him back in, it just depends on how this team looks.

Even jackasses like Dan Gilbert couldn’t ruin the Cavs for LeBron. Tilman can’t be so bad Harden can’t tolerate him at all.

Just keep his fat head in the offices and away from practices and team events where Harden is.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sep11ie likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

definitely I.D.I.O.T.

7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

My gut is telling me that things go great in Houston this season and **** goes real sideways in Brooklyn which leads to Durant wanting out. Next offseason the Rockets cobble together enough salary to trade for a fully healthy Durant and win a championship with Wall, Harden, Durant, Wood, Cousins as their starting 5.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm trying to push my luck with Harden. He's a moron that goes out maskless during a pandemic. Trade him for at least 3 picks and a good, young player.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nwaba is at least as good as Luc and possibly Roco? LMAO

stop the fckery

HP3 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dumb posters trying to push an early trade. Fking wait, trading at a sht price is gonna make another Houston team a laughing stock (texans & Hopkins trade).

glynch likes this.
  11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Harden is so mentally weak, Im sure a weekend at the booty club with his new teammates may change his mind.

On the flip side, strong personalities in that locker room right now. Lots of potential conflict. Harden/PJ v. Wall/Boogie.

The irony is they would all complement each other on the court if Harden could ease up on the iso just a little.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tilman would refuse to the pay the luxury tax.

13. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

And do we want a mentally weak superstar?

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I rather have a superstar than returning back to mediocrity.

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What other superstars are out there who want to be down with H Town?

Do you want to go back to the Kevin Martin and C Bud days?

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

You know how HAAM people are going to go as soon as the vaccine is distributed to most? Tillies gunna be rolling in dough by next offseason.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Such hypotheticals that are literally based on so little

HP3 and topfive like this.
  18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

What’s the scientific formula to knowing if a guy is legit or not

You realize Harden’s track record as a legit star player was about as fragile as Wood’s coming to Houston right?

How long can a guy fake being good? What’s illegitimate about legitimate basketball played? Wood is a beast.

Nwaba’s been quietly good his entire NBA career.

Wall and Boogie are former all-nba guys. Boogie I’m not even high on though and I don’t have to be. He’s a backup. All he has to do is not suck and that’s easy for him.

Unless Wood quits on account of being satisfied financially, he will come to Houston and beast. So will Nwaba.

It’s n out even hypothetical. I’m literally assuming they’ll do what they’ve done. Thee is no reason Christian Wood can’t replicate his game on a team like this.

You people are used to rooting for stuff like a terrible Joe Johnson and Westbrook on a downswing though so I can’t be surprised.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Absolutely not and such a fail on your first point. If you don’t think there is a key difference between dropping close to 20 on a winning team (Finals) compared to dropping whatever Woods did for less than a season on the Pistons then there is no point in that conversation.

Anyone talking like Nwaba has already arrived is idiotic. 5 teams in 5 years. Only 20 games last year, the only time he was on a half decent team (and that’s literally all they were, half decent). Then you have wise guys being like “that’s what people said about Ben Mclemore!”
    Spoiler alert: If we added three Ben Mclemores to our roster last year we would have done absolutely nothing more, nothing less.

20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Yeah shutup stupid. Right again.

Don’t get into the habit of projecting your lack of perceptiveness and imagination onto others.