1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[My Fox Houston] Rockets asst. coaches to return & McGrady news

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 10, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lock if necessary, thanks.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/100210-rockets-assistant-coach

[rquoter]NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday the Houston Rockets have reached agreements in principle with each of their assistant coaches to return for the 2010-11 season.

Elston Turner, T.R. Dunn, Jack Sikma and R.J. Adelman have yet to sign their new deals, but sources told FOX 26 all of the key issues in their contracts have been taken care of.

Meanwhile NBA sources also told FOX 26 there is nothing to a Yahoo.com report that has the Rockets, New York Knicks and Washington Wizards involved in negotiations that would send Tracy McGrady to the Knicks as part of a three-team trade.

Sources with knowledge of the situation do say the Rockets have had talks with the Knicks and the Wizards, but with the trade deadline next Thursday, there is a good chance the Rockets will not make a deal involving McGrady.[/rquoter]

While certainly GMs don't show their hand or reveal anything, could there be any truth to these reports? 2nd "source" to hint at nothing to the 3 team trade(Chron, My Fox Houston), and 3rd "source" to hint at McGrady not being moved at all. (Bullard/Chron/MyFoxHouston). Berman is usually reliable. I guess take it all for what it's worth. We'll just have to wait and see if any deal(s) happens, and if so who gets moved.

1 person likes this.
  2. opticon

opticon Member

this reminds of the pic of the iraqi prime minister saying all is well as the city burns around him. lol

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't know what to believe. Remember those conflicting reports between yahoo and chron about that t-mac/rick A argument or whatever? Sounds like the same case here. There is really only one way we will find out.

4. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

man i don't know what is going to happen??????? :confused: :confused:

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

Berman is usually right about a lot of things.....

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

well it's possible no one is lying or wrong here...at least not the sources, the rockets could just be leaking out the wrong info to counter the real info

1 person likes this.
  7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

So is Adrian Wojo....lol I am confused beyond belief but sure is dam fun. :p

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

It seems like the rumored deals never seem to happen. If it is true that Morey is not going to give up any assets, then I do not expect a deal to happen.

9. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I'm giving an edge to Yahoo report at this point because of what happened just few months back. It seems like Rockets are just trying to use the houston media to give conflicting reports so that they can keep a door open for some new offers.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Guys, the more the perception is that the Rockets aren't desperate to move McGrady, the better for them. This is common sense, so of course that's the line they're going to feed local reporters. Not to say it can't be true, but...

1 person likes this.
  11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

i agree, this could just be 'fake intelligence' that will no doubt up the demand for T-mac's expiring or make the other GMs more likely to pull the trigger on a pending T-mac deal.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Liars poker. Morey has got to show balls of steel going into the trade deadline and stay firm in his offers. The message Morey is sending to other teams is the rockets will keep McGrady if they don't get the right package in return ie.(Tracy's contract isn't a fire sale).

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I for one hope this is true... :eek:

--RB

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wojo is the guy to bet your money on. The Chron is so worthless regarding this type of stuff. I swear Morey has Feigen's balls in a glass jar on his desk.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Obviously Mark Berman has not been to any super duper secret Rockets season ticket holder gathering, otherwise he wouldn't be saying this. He needs to step his game up...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha that is true.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Boom! My bad, this went in the wrong thread.

I still think the part about "no talks" regarding McGrady going to Washington is untrue. Too much smoke for there not to be some fire.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

This is all so confusing.

20. LifeisButaDream

Let the mind games begin.