1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Dwight Howard to the Clippers fantasy still lives

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Howard appears to be sticking to his (most recent) guns, issuing a veiled warning to non-Nets suitors in an interview with Yahoo! Sports last night: “There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I’ll play the season out and explore my free agency after that.”

“And never discount the possibility that he could change his mind again,” said one source, who indicated there were “murmurs” the Clippers (Howard has stayed in California since his back surgery) were exploring every possible option to get into the mix

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/howard_has_eye_on_klyn_z57zsala8FZG2fM03ee0UP#ixzz1zTuZXyet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or are the Magic just using the Clippers as Leverage because they want a Blake Griffin for Dwight Howard swap...

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Well unlike the Lakers, if Dwight comes to the Clippers, there is no pressure of tradition and following the footsteps of great centers--Sorry Chris Kaman...

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sam Amick
    Per interesting tweet from @ProBasketballDraft regarding Clippers/Dwight Howard, source with knowledge of team's plans says no chance of a deal there so long as Blake Griffin or Chris Paul are the pieces Orlando pushes for in a possible deal. And, naturally, they would be.

#3 J.R., Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Would you be ok with the Clippers giving up Chris Paul to get Dwight? I'm guessing that's where trade talks begin and end. Blake Griffin alone will not net Dwight Howard, and there is no way Orlando takes on DeAndre Jordan with getting Chris Paul as well.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There wont be a better offer out there than Blake Griffin for Howard... simple as that.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

No chance in hell they give up Blake Griffin for Dwight.

The only way Dwight ends up on the Clippers is if they find a third team that's willing to send young pieces to Orlando in exchange for DeAndre Jordan... but I seriously doubt they find one.

7. gah

gah Member

I laugh at how the Clippers think it unfathomable to trade Griffin for Howard when it's not even about scruples with them.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I agree. No way the Clippers have the balls to make the deal for the better, more expensive, less fragile, more impactful player. Just isn't their M.O.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

[​IMG]

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I agree, Dwight Howard is definitely the better player, and if I were them I would be willing to trade Griffin for him.

They won't, though.