1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

My Beef With Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hak34, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Brooks should absolutely NOT play with KevMart. KevMart is a pop and roll SG; he has below average handling and vision for a 20 ppg guard. Playing Brooks and Martin together is asking for a disaster.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli

=

Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin

DD

3. okeezie

okeezie Member

Martin is not a ballhandler/playmaker ala T-mac. He is a finisher and does not dominate the ball. Why wouldn't that lineup work? With Lowry starting you would have 2 sub 30% 3 point shooters around Yao.

4. okeezie

okeezie Member

Lowry only offense is attacking the paint and with Yao in there the paint will be clogged.

5. choujie

choujie Member

It's more like Landry missed Lowry. Lowry was the guy who consistently got Landry the ball.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=181726&page=1&pp=20

6. towW

towW Member

Knee jerk thread? This is going to be a tough rest of the season no matter who we have at PG. Our big man situation is looking awfully scarce. If they plan on keeping DA behind Scola there goes the season. DA is too soft.

The difference is Landry. Teams had problems guarding Landry. Now they don't have to focus on defending that position. Defense will sag off of our many PFs and funneled to our Shooters/Guards.

The best trash man in the NBA is gone. :( His presence will be missed.

Jordan Hill anyone? <-- also a knee jerk? or just a fan of wanting a tall person at center

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

this is funny as I'm sure you aren't in any way bias ABZERO

1 person likes this.
  8. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

Agreed.
    I think clutch needs to have all the newbs write an essay to join the site.
    All these rookie threads is getting ridiculous.

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

make that a 500 word essay...

10. showtang043

showtang043 Member

i agree with the OP, brooks is good and valuable. But hes the better version of Earl Boykins and his best roll is as a 6th man,(which doesn't mean hes 6th best on the team) it means he can be our attack off the bench to give us a huge jjuump and scoring off the bench. He is not a natural point and has defensive liabilities. If Lowry can develop a shot he is perfect, otherwise we need someone who has a respectable 3 and good defense to run point with Yao there, but for this year even Lowry is better starting plan of action. Does not mean hes better but bball is about cohesiveness and given brooks style him having his own team on the 2nd unit he can score with the bets of anyone, he might be better off being utilized this way.

11. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

If AB were to be a 2 guard strictly, then pretty much any starting 2 guard in the league can post him up cuz of the size difference

12. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Lowry's smarter than that. He delivered a lot of in the paint passes to Carl Landry, hopefully will do the same for Yao. Problem is, Yao doesn't have the ardent desire to dunk it home like Carl so there's always a pretty good chance some quicker defender knocks the ball outa Yao's hands before his shot even goes up.

Guess that's where Kevin Martin comes in handy when Yao passes it out of double teams with his ugly but very quick release. Maybe Yao'll become a triple double guy with KM and the developing Bud on the perimeter.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

are you serious? brooks? of all rocket players and you have a beef with brooks?

martin sucked tonight. and he has sucked all year. but it was one game as a rocket. he'll bounce back. and he'll have some awesome games, WITH BROOKS.

goodness.

14. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

BROOKS: Shooter G
    MARTIN: Shooter G
    So I don't see how that'd work out.

It's more like, with Kyle Lowry, who's more of a true point guard and Yao, who demands double teams in the paint to pass it out to a shooter.

And also, hopefully Jordan Hill fits in the big shoes Carl left in the lockerroom.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so kevin martin can't play with anybody who can dribble and shoot and score? whoopee doo, it's up to him to adjust.

16. Hak34

Hak34 Member

LOL...dude, Ive been on this site 10 years your prior. Calling me a newb...really?

Discuss the thread or don't. Not that hard, otherwise your another annoying kid like Reekohtown. In threads just to tout you don't like them, as if we all gave a flying f**k

17. krockets

krockets Member

Stop calling Brooks the next Tony Parker, that's just a pure insult to Parker.. Parker's decision making is always good. Parker's major shortcoming 8 years ago was his scoring ability. Unlike Brooks, who is pretty good at scoring but at the same time, he is having serious malfunction in the decision making department..

Since Brooks second year in University of Oregon, I started watching him because I was a Duck, but up till this Pacer game, his decision making only has very minor improvement, which is extremely frustrating...

Anyway, please stop being so childish by repeatly saying Brooks is the next Tony Parker, that's worst than my 6 years old nephew who covered his ears and keep saying he wants candy..

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

That is a mighty strong statement to make this early in their pairing. At their young ages, I would take TP and MG any day.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love AB's mentality, but I really hate him playing PG because Lowry is a lot better PG than him. When Lowry comes in, the whole offense is a whole, not spotty with AB. Last night, when AB and I believe Martin was coming down with 3 defenders in front of them, instead of pulling up and wait for teammates, he launches his 3pt shot. if AB gets more shot attempts than Yao, the Rockets ain't going anywhere.

20. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

----------------------------------

i 2nd that