1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Watch 2k15: James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2015.

1. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Nah people are ignoring Westbrook's problems like his TERRIBLE shooting percentages, MASSIVE turnover tendency, and the fact that OKC has a losing record with Westbrook against >.500 team.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden were to switch places with any of the other MVP candidates this year, the only one who could have kept the Rox afloat vying for a home court in first round is Lebron, and he is the best player on the planet. I feel from the beginning of this season to now, Harden has been the most consistent/best player in the league.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

To be fair though, hitting two free throws is the equivalent of making a 2pt FG. So if you take that into account, he's probably had a lot of 50% fg% games

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Didn't get to watch the game tonight. Guessing he was burned out after putting up 50? His +/- was easily the worst on the team (-27) and it's really unusual for him to have more shots attempted than points scored.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

post All-star game harden is shooting 38% in 15 games. not good.

#365 WhoMikeJames, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

One point I have not seen thrown around is that Harden has asthma. It probably contributed to him not developing as a dominant player til late in high school. He has struggled to put in a consistent effort throughout his career. I mean this in the most favorable way possible. Although it doesn't excuse his poor performances, does Harden strike anyone as a world class athlete? If anything his dominance this season has been a testament to his will. He probably struggles more with conditioning than is obvious.

7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

McHale and Morey pissing our season away by not getting a wing and or ball handler who can relieve Harden of his duties. He's been run into the ground by dumbass Kevin who does not believe in rest, they're not laying brick.. first round loss and a meaningless MVP award, a big if if Harden has a few more of these games.

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. I have to agree here. Harden is having a spectacular season. But he is wearing out. After this summer and not taking a break during all star weekend,
    Do we honestly think he can play at this level for another 16-28 potential games of a playoff season? I don't think McHale is the best coach, but at the same time this team looks horrid when Harden goes to the bench so I can understand him trotting James right back out there. I don't know what the answer is for this season. I don't know if there is an answer. Maybe we can scrape together enough offense when Dwight comes back to give Harden some rest. I am curious to see how a Howard and Prigioni two man game pans out. Pablo looks to be a smart player. If he can find his shot when D12 comes back and Terry can find his, then a lineup of D12, Terry, Pablo, Josh and Brewer could be interesting. That lineup could potentially give us enough offensive production to give Harden some extended blows on the bench.

9. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Not sure why defending Harden has to involve putting down our role players. They don't consistently perform well because they are role players.

Good teams lose games all the time. This Houston team is allowed a loss here and there without claiming that Harden doesn't have enough help, otherwise Golden State would have shipped Bogut, Lee, Iggy etc.. when ATL overtook them for best record in the league.

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

My point was Harden has had to do EVERYTHING for this team to keep them afloat. I'm not even saying the team needs another superstar but the RIGHT type of role players beside Harden, especially a legit pg and a dead eye perimeter shooter. Like I said in game thread last night, if the Rox just had those two components, Harden's load would be much lighter. His play after All Star break has gone down because its obvious he's wearing down. All the other MVP candidates have much better supporting cast. It just is what it is. Not trying to put down the Rox role players, just stating the obvious.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. Tired of Harden's Help Defense. He needs to focus on his man . .. . most of the Threes and shots his man hits are WIDE OPEN cause he was cheating back on defense or a pick
    2. His shot is a bit off . . .tired legs or something but it is just not looking right . When I'd rather see DMo shoot a three than James There is a problem
    3. Someone said since he got calls the other day he would not get them last night. . . and he didn't . .. when he doesn't get them he seems to quit and give up sometimes. That is bothersome.
    4. Still think the guy is ALL WORLD . . .but just looked tired and disinterested last night

Rocket River
    Time to move from trying to be KING JAMEs .. . to being BIG GAME JAMES!1

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Posted this in another thread but thought it would be more relevant here. Writer claims that every team in the league employing this would neutralize James. He has some strong points tbh, I didn't like what I read but it is what it is. (Vid clips are in the link)

"The Key to Stopping James Harden"

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/22/8272337/phoenix-suns-defense-james-harden-breakdown

[​IMG]

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

CALL ME CRAZY...

But I'm not worried about James Harden

14. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Up til today I thought Harden was the mvp front runner. Then I watched Westbrook this afternoon and saw him go through the same bad shooting as our hero but yet played through it dishing out 17 assists 10 rebound and the victory. His previous two game he shot just as bad but filled up the stats sheet from other area to lead his team to wins.

I know CFs will point out the Beard is fatigue from the heavy minutes logged this season. Well, heavy minutes is pretty much part of the job description for the superstar position. And he's only 25. Harden's bad shooting nights almost always equates to a Rockets lost. It's like he takes the whole ship down with him when he's being handled on the offensive end.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you really implying that Harden has never worked through poor shooting nights to help win games in other areas? Like...for real?

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

So next game James goes for 50?

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

60 I mean

18. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

There's no way Harden wins it unless he goes Westbrook on em. Warriors were perfect without Klay and beat teams at home by 15+ points averaged.

19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

69 games into the season it took to figure out how to "stop" James Harden. What is it? Pray for an anomaly.

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

One thing voters will notice, is that despite currently being 3rd, Rockets & Harden are closer to being in 10th place in the West than they are to catching the Warriors & Curry for 1st place.