1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

MVP through first half of the season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Jan 14, 2015.

Tags:
?

MVP through first half of the season

Poll closed Jan 29, 2015.
  1. Stephen Curry

35 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. Anthony Davis

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. James Harden

73 vote(s)
    64.0%
  4. Marc Gasol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LeBron James

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Damian Lillard

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Kyle Lowry

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Chris Paul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Russell Westbrook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I voted Harden because why not? I think he's the best player, but GSW's record will get Curry the award and I can't be mad at that.

Hopefully, after Curry gets the reward...Hakeem has a little chat with Harden.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

3. VBG

VBG Member

I think it's Steph right now. Harden and Marc Gasol are right behind.

4. thejav

thejav Member

where is the Jeremy Lin Option?

5. downbytheriver

Didnt know MVP ' S were handed out based on awards from 2 years ago. Memphis team without Randolph was fading fast and Conley is their crunch time guy. Can't win mvp as the 3rd most important guy on your own team.

6. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Maybe next 2 or 3 years. LeBron has played the equivalent of 14 seasons already. Anthony Davis would probably be more in the conversation.

7. dream2franchise

Golden State are a well coached team that could challenge for a playoff birth without Steph, albeit a 7-8 spot.

I shudder to think where Houston would be without Harden.

Even so, Curry is having a great season and deserves MVP and so does James Harden.

Harden, Curry, Lillard, Davis are the ones. I just feel like they've put their stamp on the season. Sometimes a player or players seem to grab the attention and make the season about them and their play. These four are the ones this year, so far.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It'd be Curry simply because of GSW record.

Switch Kerr and McHale and I believe our record would be much better than GSW and Harden clear cut MVP

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So you are saying Howard would stop demanding the ball and start playing p&r under Kerr? Because that's the only way Houston can have better record than GSW.

Unless you want to say GSW would trail Houston in standings because McHale... :)