1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Errybody remembers the cold streak from gm 7 against golden state. I think harden was 0 for what? 19? It's average street ballers who think they could have done better than harden in game 7. Then all Star game didn't show harden dominance and that ended up reminding me of how it was in game 7 again :/

It wasn't just the cold streak from harden but more of how the offense struggled as a unit.

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You’re missing the point here.

A person that believes Harden doesn’t deserve their MVP vote hasn’t done their research, and is likely relying on faulty or dated information.

People like that are also more likely to be biased in a discussion. Discourse is almost certainly a waste of time when someone has already drawn a faulty conclusion based on faulty data.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why do I continue to watch ESPN's the Jump? Amin is showing his whole ass on this show right now. He is saying people want to vote for Harden because his name is easier to say therefore he is easier to relate to.. I cannot believe this MVP debate is reaching the contentiousness and dumbass hot takes of the Russ debate back in the day. amazing.

No one will remember why Giannis got the award if he wins. No one will remember his stats.

Deuce, James.B.H, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Please, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE, tell me you’re joking and he really didn’t say that

Deuce, fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  5. BigTex

BigTex Member

Amin elhassen - Giannis MVP. Harden played bad first couple of months narrative.

Marc J Spears- Sounds like he would vote Harden if Rockets finish strong, and are at least 3rd seed.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He said it. He even went as far to say there is a sense of Xenophobia when people would want to vote for Harden over Giannis. Even though everyone keeps saying on TV that Giannis is their MVP..

I Canceled my subscription to ESPN. All viewing of ESPN is illegal for me now. I can't continue to give them my money..

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marc doesn't have a vote. Everyone that wants to vote Harden stopped voting or doesn't have a vote. Giannis might be the second unanimous MVP.

J Sizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

The Harden played bad first couple months narrative is so easy to shut out. I find it ridiculous nobody is challenging it.

1. Capela, CP also had the worst starts of their careers
    2. CP was probably injured (coaching staff, wtf)
    3. You'd still give Lebron the MVP (in fact, you have) even when he's had bad starts to seasons if he averaged these numbers

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Because no one wasn't to give Harden the MVP. This is the reason to not give Harden the MVP so they go with it.

slothy420, BigShasta, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Having a deeper bench this year can really help. Someone like Rivers, House or even Faried can come in and light a fuse that ignites the whole team -- gas engines won't work without sparkplugs. That's the mental part. The physical one is the added benefit of not playing 6 players only for a whole game. Kinda hard to shoot well when you don't have your legs under you.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Welp...I guess we had to expect this sort of narrative spinning.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

smh, of course Marc is leaning towards Harden but doesn’t actually have a vote...this sh*t is really 2017 all over again

I’m getting tired of dudes with no vote giving their opinion and saying who they’d vote for...at this point, if u don’t have an actual vote, then Idgaf about what you’re talking about

Spears doesn’t have a vote, but dumbass Chris Broussard does? Bruh...

ryano2009 likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bucks GM taking a page out of Morey’s playbook. Respect.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

How hard is it for the Rockets to get a knowledgeable guy to go on these shows like The Jump, Undisputed, and 1st Take to argue on Harden’s behalf? They are telling lies and spreading misinformation about Harden on a daily basis, and it all goes unchecked. Their dumbass talking points and twisted logic could be destroyed so easily.

Harden has to rely on the occasional tweet illustrating his greatness that will largely be ignored.

DreamShook, Deuce, slothy420 and 2 others like this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I hate that bullshit. Being the best player on your team with the best record in the league doesn't mean you've been the best player in the league.

What Harden has done is far more impressive than what Giannis has done. 11-14 record, 14th in the west. Who thought the Rockets would make the playoffs at that point.... with how badly they was playing and disjointed they were? I honestly thought we'd only have a shot at maybe finishing 8th. Harden has pretty much had to average 40 points per game in the last 50 games to get us 38 more wins. All of that with the many injuries with our roster. We've had to bring in G-League players just to settle things.

Would Giannis be able to carry that load and get his team out of that much trouble? Not a chance.

D-rock likes this.
  19. the shark

the shark Member

Nope you're missing the point. Those who have their mind up one way or another aren't going to be persuaded. Those that are on the fence gather facts and have DISCUSSIONS in the process.

Also, just because things appear to be a certain way and a conclusion has more than likely been determined, companies/organizations ALL OVER THE WORLD will still have a DISCUSSION before they sign off and implement said decision.

But again some of you bozos are suggesting a DISCUSSION can't even (or SHOULDN'T) be had.

Get out in the real world and see how that mentality flies.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

When you drop 30 on 29 other teams, fans of 29 other teams start to dislike you. This is haterz revenge.

D-rock, hakeem94 and YaoMing#1 like this.