1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Must have Android apps?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by professorjay, Jun 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

gmail 2.3.2 - finally lets you use priority inbox and "send as"
    dropbox
    skype beta (not through market)
    spotify
    nba game time
    slingplayer
    glympse
    chrome to phone
    kies air if you have a samsung phone
    tapatalk pro if you visit a message board that uses tapatalk
    google translate
    google maps

2. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

fyi yall, android.market.com

it downloads straight to phone, no need to use the slow ass phone to browse the market

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Used to use this, but the lack of an equalizer or treble/bass booster was very annoying (and why I purchased poweramp). Did they add one?

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yeah... as dt said, it's not to difficult. i can point you to a few threads when you want to give it a go. just email through the board.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

No.....PowerAmp is the music player for android IMO. The equalizer alone sets it apart from others.

6. ubigred

I always wondered why this BBS is not tapatalk enabled esp since Clutch has a HTC Evo??!!??

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I saw, it is quite cool. If you have a crap phone, then get a better phone lol.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Amen to this. Especially since Tapatalk works for Android/iPhone/Blackberry/WebOS/Blackberry/Nokia.

9. ubigred

Clutch , the people have spoken.....your on the clock, git er done! :grin:

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Glad this thread is around. Just got a Droid X and looking for good apps. Mainly trying to find a good free music app since the MP3 Finder app the phone comes with force closes too much.

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

PowerAmp, Winamp, and Astro Player are the best. Only Astro Player and PowerAmp have equalizers (and free trial versions), but Winamp is free.

Astro player:
    [​IMG]

Poweramp:
    [​IMG]

Winamp:
    [​IMG]

12. Hak34

Hak34 Member

-Angry Birds. Its free
    -Bump. For those who have alot of sharing of phone numbers
    -Astro, Linda File manager. Two best free file managment programs
    -Handcent. If you like your text message service to have alot of options, this is the one for you.
    -JDS Sms Bomber. When I feel like being a prick and text message bomb someone.
    -MicDroid. An autotune app for your droid. Its not to bad. Fun to mess with and send messages in auto tune.
    -Mixzing. My favorite music player. Has a nice graphic equalizer. Downloads a songs cover album if you dont have it, which is often the case on my phone since I use Tunee.
    -Tunee. Free music downloads to your phone.
    -MP3 Music download. Same as above.
    -Not call Log. Instead of your phone hanging on your call log after you hang up, and having accidental pocket dials, you can set what your phone will do after you hang up.
    -PhotoFunia. A fun little photo app.
    -Ringdroid. Cut up any song you have on your phone, any way you like, and turn it into your ringtone.
    -RoboDefense. A basic, but decent tower defense game.
    -Soundhound. Tag any song and Soundhound will tell you who it is. You can even hum the tune.
    -Talk To Me Cloud. Translator that speaks the response. Multiple language support.
    -TiKL. Touch to talk. Like a nextel app. Doesn't use minutes, or text messages. Really handy sometimes.
    -Traffic! You know what this does already.
    -Vlingo. One of my personal favorites. Ask Vlingo anything and it will give you an answer. "Hey Vlingo" it will respond however you like it to in voice, then ask your question. Ask it how to get to olive garden and it will bring up a list of closest ones and let you select and take you right to navigation. Send texts without having to touch your phone, just call "Hey Vlingo". Same with calls. Ask it any random question, get an answer.
    -Tubemate. Download You Tube vids to your phone.
    -Where's my droid. Ever lose your phone while it was on silent. Simply text your phone number "where's my droid" or whatever you set it to, and it will seet off an alarm at full volume till you find it.

Thats most of the good ones I have at least.

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yes, definitely POWERAMP as the poster above mentioned. That app KILLS the stock music app, and maybe even my ipod.

In terms of launchers, alot of people seem to like Launcher Pro, but I prefer ADWex launcher.

I was running Bonsai Rom on Epic 4g, but I odined back to stock DL18 to get my OTA update this week to the official Froyo

14. Scionxa

Gtunes

15. Scionxa

btw guys,
    you can push downloads to your phone via
    market.android.com

16. smokieethabear

17. Scionxa

Yup, if you're running Froyo you should look into using Watchdog Task Manager, it monitors your CPU.

18. Scionxa

Tinyshark is also a must have app btw, I just found this.
    it streams Grooveshark.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Adding my own updates, reiterating others:

LauncherPro
    Swype - keyboard
    older version of the xScope browser (haven't tried the new one after initial complaints)
    HootSuite - Twitter
    (Google) Listen - podcasts
    TuneIn Radio - free, a bunch of radio stations, my favorite new app I've gotten in the past month
    Skyfire - web browser to watch streaming media (great for channelsurfing before it went down, SideReel, etc)
    Wapedia - wiki app
    Google Reader
    TripIt - travel itinerary
    GasBuddy - current gas prices in town
    SpringPad - tasks/notes
    Power Note - notes
    Astro - file manager
    MeContacts - speed dialer

Currently using Mixzing as my music player. It's ok. I tried a few others and can't remember why I settled on this. One reason is I need to access the SD card slot, which some others don't. Not being able to search by genre was another deal breaker I think.

20. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

their description was vague; do you need a mobile grooveshark subscription(premium) to use this?