1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Must have Android apps?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by professorjay, Jun 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NateNate

NateNate Member

i have a mac, hopefully it works the same!! i figured this was all it took but i was doing a little research and a couple folks said i needed to "format" my new sd card?? my fear was trying to transfer everything and leaving out must have files causing my phone not to operate..

so just to make sure... select every folder on my sd card and move it to my computer, then take my new sd card and put it in my phone, plug my phone up to the computer and and drag every folder from my computer onto the new sd card?

Thanks BTW!!

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That's correct, since you're on a MAC, be sure the SD card is formatted as "FAT32", it should be this way. You should be able to format the SD card via your phone as FAT32 by popping in your new SD card, going to menu > settings> and storage (name and location might be different)

Of course, you can also do it from your MAC.

What type of phone did you get?

Yes sir, that's correct :)

Something you might want to look into is an app called Browsix, it lets you drag and drop files onto your phone via your WI-FI connection.

1 person likes this.
  3. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks a million!

I bought a ZTE Warp

Im with Boost mobile which is on the sprint network.. Boost was slow to get decent phones but now they have (3) android powered phones! YAY! lol I'm loving it and cant complain...

4. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I am going to be getting a larger SD card soon, too, thanks for this :grin:

5. le081488

le081488 Member

When flashing to a new rom, is it needed for me to completely wipe the phone to Factory reset?

Reason why I am asking is because I have everything placed into folders and located where I want them and when I flashed the rom I had to get everything back (Titanium Backup) but I would still have to put the settings how I liked them, the apps into folders, align the folders, have my home screen how I liked it (which took about 2 hours).

Someone said just use the .data file (and restore that after i have flashed to the ROM i want) I have when I backup my Rom before flashing. Will this work?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They make a Siri yet?

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Work in progress: Iris (yep that's Siri in reverse)

8. Scionxa

To save home screen configurations, you can use a launcher like ADWEX (there are other alternative launchers out there that support this feature) and within the settings there is an option to export settings to your SD card.

I typically always recommend wiping data, cache, and dalvik cache when flashing new roms. However, if it's an updated version of the same ROM, you should check with the developer to see if you can flash without wiping data.

9. Scionxa

Nice. This is definitely the right thread if you need apps. Speaking of which, you should download Winamp. I forgot that Winamp for Mac and Android have a sync feature. It's cool for Android users with Macs

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/04/winamp-finally-comes-to-mac-bringing-easy-android-music-syncing/

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

DL Zedge for free HQ wallpapers, ringtones and notifications. You can thank me later:cool:

1 person likes this.
  11. le081488

le081488 Member

Thanks, have you heard of backing up the current rom, flashing the rom you want (with wiping everything), then going back to the reboot and advance settings and just restoring the .data file?

12. NateNate

NateNate Member

you were correct sir

13. Scionxa

14. Scionxa

Okay, this one is pretty epic

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&feature=search_result&hl=en

It's called AirDroid

check out their site

www.airdroid.com

it basically enables you to have access to your phone that is on your home WI-FI via your browser.

The interface includes the ability to send/receive text message, check call logs, see your pictures, stream music from your phone to your computer as well as a file manager for uploading content, yes you can even upload your music through this and not have to plug in your phone

No root required, and it's free

Here is a screenshot

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28393515/airdroid.png

2 people like this.
  15. droxford

droxford Member

Just direct your browser to playlist.com ... or bomb-mp3.com ... or mp3bear.com

No app needed

16. Scionxa

haha, thanks but I have my own little music solution :) I just prefer not to talk about it since I'll probably get a C &D if I ever release it.

My favorite right now outside of what I'm using is Doods Music Streamer :)
    it uses Grooveshark.

17. Scionxa

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Anyone have any suggestions on a good browser? Evo 4g

19. Scionxa

Dolphin Mini , or Opera Mobile :)

20. Scionxa

You guys should check out Groove I.P which allows you to make free calls over Google Voice on 3g/4g/WIFI

After hearing RC talk about it, I decided to give it a try. It works amazingly.

So good, I gave my grandmother my old phone, with a custom launcher (big launcher) that's easier to use for elderly people, and shutdown her traditional landline.

Now she just pays her DSL, and uses the little android as a house phone with unlimited minutes and long distance :)

I also put it on a cousins Samsung Galaxy Player. Pretty neat stuff!