1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims increasingly reject terror

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr. Brightside, Jul 24, 2007.

1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Right, it is too high and goes against the notion of only a few bad apples support extremism.

But here's the rub. I don't think it's Islam that causes the problem....I think it's the perception that they are viewed as less and are oppressed by the west. They only have religion to grasp onto....they live life as second class citizens.

While we are not to blame, it's human nature to find a scapegoat, and that's what Israel and America has become. And certainly, things like Iraq don't do much to change that perception.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

6:00 in... at the 3:43 mark

we came to do the "Death to America" thing

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yw2EisVqKZ4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yw2EisVqKZ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

this is what they are teaching children...

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you for posting this, across110th. It is highly disturbing and reason to worry that across different countries, Muslim leaders do not shy back from using children to advance their evil agenda.

Waiting for tigermission et al. to come back and either defend this or try to point fingers at others.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it is disturbing and very sad.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yup thats disturbing

here's more

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SY3pv1ZnZbw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SY3pv1ZnZbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXVpqP1Uts4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXVpqP1Uts4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

but this one is funny

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FBtEBCba3DI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FBtEBCba3DI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#105 vlaurelio, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So predictable...quickly try to point fingers at others...

7. vlaurelio

did I defend the other video? I just posted the other videos without judging them

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

vlaurelio: i only watched a few seconds of the first one, but i find the strategy of trying to draw parallels by showing controversial Biblical quotations very problematic because there is one stark difference. fundamentalism isn't widespread in christianity - in essence, the vast majority of christians don't interpret the bible literally.

this is in sharp contrast from islam where after the Wahabbi founding of the Muslim World League, while not a majority, a decent portion of the population interprets scripture literally - something contrary to the norms of Islamic history.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The first one I find offensive...because it deliberately distorts the Bible. It takes snippets and reads them entirely out of context. Ridiculous. People who do that to the Koran or to the Bible are lying...deceiving. The quotes taken out of the NT are so out of context as to be laughable. Most of the OT quotes are from narratives...stories. They're not commands for a believer to read and follow.

10. MadMax

agreed...and beyond that, even a literal reading of these passages in their context shows the distortion of that video.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

"Yup that's disturbing. Here's more."

Doesn't that kind of put them on equal footing.

I didn't finish them, but did that youth pastor exhort anyone to kill anybody?

12. MadMax

the 2nd video is strange...no doubt. not my cup of tea. but to equate bringing kids to a spiritual experience with asking kids to kill themselves as suicide bombs is a bit silly.

as for the 3rd one...i don't claim pat robertson :) he's on his own! :D

13. vlaurelio

Doesn't that kind of put them on equal footing.

it was more like yup that's disturbing
    here's more videos

not sure you saw the last part, but she was saying like christian children should be ready to die like their muslim counterparts..

14. MadMax

no..not at all what she said. she's talking about giving your life to Christ. she talks about how disturbing the Muslim videos are which preach hate to kids.

15. vlaurelio

this is what she said:

"i wanna to see young people who is commited to the cause of jesus christ as the young people are to the cause of islam"

"i wanna see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are over in pakistan, israel, palestine and all those different places because excuse me, we have the truth"

"we've got to stand up and take back the land"

16. MadMax

i realize what you think you're hearing. i can almost guarantee you that's not what she means. "laying down your life for the gospel" is not becoming a suicide bomber. i think you're taking it completely out of the context of her earlier comments about the videos where violence is preached.

i don't know that woman, obviously. but i would be very surprised if she meant, "let's fight with weapons." what she's talking about is some evangelical movement...not a cry for martyrdom.

17. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It does sound like a cry for martyrdom, and the whole thing is sickening.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I have no problem with people wanting to die for their religion, (the classic definition of martyrdom) if that is all they want. Self sacrifice is in general is a noble principal.

The problem is that the definition now seems to include killing others or forcing others to do something in the process of dying. That really is the problem, IMO.

[rquoter]
    Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.

- Mohandas Gandhi

[/rquoter]

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm sure you can find individual lunatics from all ends of the spectrum if you search long enough. The really disturbing thing about the indoctrination of children in the Muslim world, however, is that often, it is state-sponsored, and it is being done in a systematic fashion. Look at the clip again. That's not one crazy person saying something on TV, or one preacher. It's part of their cartoons, of the children's programs, etc. Highly disturbing.

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Your quote doesn't match your statement. Being brave enough to die to do what is right and wanting to die for your beliefs are two different ideas.

She wants the Christian kids to dream of being martyrs. It is sick.