1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims increasingly reject terror

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr. Brightside, Jul 24, 2007.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I only know their names as they aren't really known outside the US...but can you tell me if they promised me virgins in heaven if I go and kill as many "non-believers" as possible? :confused:

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but don't they say war on muslims is god's will? same ****

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't recall them saying to go to war on all muslims, or to strap a bomb to your children and you will go to heaven and get 69 virgins.

The majority of Muslims I am sure are moderate, but they are a silent majority these days......in those radicalized countries like Iran etc...

DD

4. vlaurelio

preaching voilence and hate are the common theme

the reward is irrelevant IMO

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's funny how some (apparent Muslims?) in this thread keep trying to point fingers at others and/or trying to argue semantics instead of addressing the problem within their own group that 20%/34%/79% of members of their religion in some countries agree with suicide attacks and terrorism.

thacabbage has actually been a notable exception in this thread from that.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Agreed, easier to let it bounce off than deal with it directly.

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

What about the attack on the U.S.S. Cole? I mean, it's a military vessel - it's not hanging around the Middle Eastern waters on an economic mission.

And there are many cases where we have attacked military targets whose nations were not engaged in a state of war with us. Libya, Granada, and you could even say Iraq. We just attacked them out of the blue, and hit both gov't and military targets. Is that terrorism? We even used "Shock and Awe" - what is that suppose to inspire?

I think you're playing a dangerous game by extending the definiton of terrorism to non-civilian targets. Doing so will actually implicate us as terrorists, and in return justifies these polls.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They might not but they have advocated war on Muslims and Islams, blamed 9/11 and Katrina on gays, liberals and abortionists, and practically declared war on homosexuals.

9. vlaurelio

people who think attack on military targets is NOT terrorism = Muslims :confused:

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Hey welcome back rookie! :D

11. God's Son

God's Son Member

secular extremism took its place because wars are now cheered on by most americans and were happy when we kill a bunch of those brown muslims. i think were hypocrites because we are ok with our wars that kill far more than any terrorists can.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

There is no war, it is just insane to even call it a war....there is no battleground, no opposing army, no military solution.

The only thing that should be done is the world should hunt the terrorists down with hit squads and take out their leaders one by one.

DD

13. God's Son

God's Son Member

so u do cheer killing so whats the difference :confused:

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

What are you talking about? :confused:

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Speak for yourself. And thank God I'm agnostic.

D&D. Impeach Bush and Cheney.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The only thing that's funny (or sad) is your deep-seeded bigotry that leads you to believe that everyone who disagrees with your views is an "apparent Muslim" and a terrorist sympathizer.

I understand that Germany is struggling against a new tide of xenophobia, but it doesn't reflect well on "your people" when you consistently end all your 'debates' with Muslims on this board (or posters with Muslim-sounding monikers, whom you lump together) with an accusation of harboring sympathy for terrorists.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So if you claim not to harbor sympathy for terrorists, why do you try to defend suicide bombings? :confused:

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thread derailments failed.

Bottom line- it's good Muslims increasingly reject terror, but support is still too high.

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

lol...

dada, dada, dada. there are no "leaders." the "leaders" of ideological movements are easily replaced. The history of Wahabbism has far reaching roots but I don't think that is germane to this conversation. The average Arab terrorist is just disgruntled. Root causes have to be addressed.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed.