1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims increasingly reject terror

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr. Brightside, Jul 24, 2007.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it is a fact that they have engaged in terrorism, so by definition, 'yes'.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it has been established that they have carried out terrorist acts. are you saying that when governments commit terrorist acts it isnt terrorism simply b/c they are a government?

so you dont believe in the concept of 'state sponsored terrorism' a'la libya and khadafi?

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This thread is about the amazingly high approval rate of terrorism among Muslims, especially in certain countries.

Of course, some people will try to derail it and will try to direct blame to the government of the United States. Very transparent.

Fact of the matter is that tigermission1 has once again shown his true colors by rationalizing and justifying suicide bombings.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're the only one in this thread rationalizing and justifying acts of terrorism, by refusing to call it terrorism, if the acts are committed by actors you support.

I see my prediction was 100% accurate.

5. insane man

insane man Member

example

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I find it appalling that there has to be an article about how more and more are rejecting terrorism.

I mean what is that? Shouldn't everyone reject terrorism?

DD

#66 DaDakota, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you are patting yourself on the back because I am not calling the US government terrorists? :rolleyes:

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread has taken an unusual turn from something that was initially very hopeful.

I think NewYorker here has hit the nail on the head. From my understanding groups like Hamas and Hezbollah consider almost all Israelis as military targets sincer almost all Israelis will serve in the military. Also given the size of Israel soldiers often freely intermingle with civilians so therefore everywere is fair game. If civillians are killed that is collateral damage in the same way that Israelis would consider civillians killed in a bombing of an apartment building where Hamas fighters were.

Another good point is that this is assymetric warfare. Insurgent groups don't stand a chance fighting Israel or the US military on our terms so instead they seek weak points. They feel that it is justified for them to hit back where they can given the overwhelming power difference. So its fair game to send a suicide bomber into a pizzeria in Haifa if Israel has dropped bombs from F-16's on Ramallah.

I'm not saying any of this to justify suicide bombings but just pointing out why many in the Middle East see them as justified. Its obvious to me that they are immoral but the nature of warfare is rarely moral.

9. gifford1967

Supporting Member

No, I'm patting myself on the back because I predicted that you wouldn't apply your ludicrous definition of terrorism consistently and you proved me correct in record time.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Prove the inconsistency, rookie.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You'd be surprised, but a lot of Christians support Terrorism, as well as a lot of Athiests and Jews.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Chill chile. I'll let the mere 42 minutes between your description of why the attack on the Cole was terrorism and the first exception you make to your own definition speak for itself. And my prognosticating prowess.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

A lot? 20 %? 34 %? 79 %?

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

praise allah. :D

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you mean you havent heard the preacher calling for holy war on muslims and asking you to blow yourself up and purposely killing innocent people for X amount of virgins? what a lame church.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Exactly !

There are absolutly Christian nut jobs....David Koresh, Jim Jones, but they are by and far isolated, and Christian extremism has been pushed way way down.....

I mean during the Dark Ages, the Christians were every bit as bad as the Mullahs are today....the Spanish Inquisition etc....but moderation won out.

Hopefully that will be the case in the Muslim world as well.

DD

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so there are no mainstream christian preachers who promote hate/war on groups of people?

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Good question? If there are, you rarely hear of them. Do you know of some?

DD

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

20 %? 34 %? 79 %?

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pat Robertson, the late Jerry Falwell...