1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims in Germany demand the right to make the University of Berlin into a mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 27, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Are you threatening me?

Reported.

DD

#81 DaDakota, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. DaDakota

Then they should not be biting the helping hand and do their best to become part of the society that took them in to help them out, if they come on demanding that society change to accommodate them in any way they should be sent back to where they came from, IMO.

DD

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are saying they should abandon their religion when a university decides it no longer wants to allow them to pray on campus???

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Why would you have an issue with that?

Here in the United States that would just be acting the American way.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

How is it "abandoning their religion" to pray at home, in the mosque, silently in "an individual dialogue with God" in breaks at work? Nobody is stopping them from any of that.

Nobody needs a prayer room, masjid, mosque in a secular, publicly-funded institution to still be a member of their religion.

If anyone listened to the audio interview I posted, the only argument the guy could make was that it would be "more convenient" for them if they could still have that room.

For background, they forced men and women to segregate in that room (like in many/most mosques), would ban the women into a back corner of the room, etc., which led to complaints, which contributed to the university's decision to close that room. They were enforcing backwards-ass and discriminatory "values" on university-ground.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What are the laws in Germany regarding religious use of a public institution?

In the U.S. it is constitutionally protected and allowed. Are Christian groups allowed to rent a gym at a public university for religious functions or is that banned in Germany?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Renting something is a mutual contract. That means whatever public institution it is can enter into that contract, but is also free to not rent out their rooms. What they DEMAND here is that the university shall be FORCED to provide the room (for free).

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

In 50 years Europe is gonna be just like those ****ed up countries in the Middle East. Say goodbye to all the pretty sights and places.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So the issue you have is that they are demanding free space to congregate around their religion, and no other religious groups get to use public facilities to meet for free in Germany?

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think ANY religious groups should get free space to exercise their religion in publicly funded state universities, ESPECIALLY if they use that space for discriminatory practices, which was the case in this case.

Only one of those groups DEMANDED this space and staged a huge protest. It was a political demonstration, not a religious one.

11. DaDakota

They can pray on campus, but they can't take over public areas and pray if it causes citizens of the country problems.

You can't just say...."Oh, hey, prayer time, I am gonna plop right down here in the Interstate and pray - and everyone can wait on me"

That is the definition of entitlement and is 100% bull****.

It is the same thing as drawing a cartoon of Mohammed, while it is offensive to some, it is not illegal - so it is a CHOICE to become outraged instead of turning the other cheek, because the laws allow it, in those countries and as such, if they don't like it...tough!

DD

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

BOO!!!
    This is why I go to some lengths to keep my private life anonymous. The ability to give an honest opinion and to talk about personal things stems from my anonymity. We should honor the anonymity of others, and those of us who have shared our identity in the past shouldn't have it tossed into a political/religious discussion on a whim. This isn't the world of 50 years ago. Not hardly, and I would know. I'll add this - DD and I live in the same neighborhood, and while it would be a gas to watch a game with him sometime, I maintain my privacy because of this BBS, and I respect his. That's a price I pay in order to give my opinions without having to worry about my private life being thrown in my face.

#92 Deckard, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Deckard seriously stfu.

Nothing he said was that bad. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. No one needs your self righteous lectures on what they should do.

You have this incredibly lame habit to show up to defend DaDakota or tinman at every turn.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

**** you, dude. Ask DD how much I "defend" him. We've had several arguments over the years, some heated. As for tinman, I rarely post much about him, but I like the guy. So what? "At every turn?" What a laugh. Do a search and prove what you just posted. Go ahead. As for "making a mountain out of a molehill," anyone who has followed my posts at all over the last 14 years would know that I value my privacy and respect the privacy of others. I think it's an important issue. if you don't like it, tough **** - DUDE. Take your WAH and put it where the sun don't shine.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Deleted it Sir Deck. But I owe no apologies.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

An implication to a superstar poster like DD (with kids) is pretty ****ed up.

Doesn't surprise me at all DudeWah doesn't have a problem with it. His morals have probably all been brainwashed out of him.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

yea.. global warming is real

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No, loser. My morals are just fine. You have little to speak on anyone else's character seeing as you're a known weirdo on this site.

It's obvious that HR Dept meant nothing by that post.

19. Bandwagoner

Evidence points to the contrary DudeWah. DD won't be intimidated.

20. Bandwagoner

Oh, sneak edit? Further attempts to shut down and intimidate people with differing opinions to your brain washing? Better go put yourself in a trance now lemming.