1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims in Germany demand the right to make the University of Berlin into a mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 27, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Asking a moderate Muslim if they believe they should be allowed to practice Sharia Law is like asking a moderate Christian if they want to abide by Christian values.

See, a lot of religious folks have this thing called cognitive dissonance where they don't accept that their religious law has draconian laws.

Sharia Law can be almost an entirely different concept between two individual Muslims.

I never put much stock in those polls.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, this doesn't require much interpretation of what is and what isn't Sharia law, does it? It's pretty specific.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

State what "discrimination" I have stated or please shut up.

4. fchowd0311

So please tell me your arbitrary cut off percentage that is acceptable. If I asked all Christian conservatives if they would be fine with nuking the Middle East and commit mass genocide, how many would vote yes?

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know - I suspect too many. However, nuking the Middle East has not happened. Things like killing gays, discriminating women, killing (alleged) apostates happen all the time in the Muslim world, without much uproar. So that goes quite a bit beyond just a random poll with no action afterwards - it has been happening, and large percentages of the Muslim population support it.

6. fchowd0311

Don't know of any American Muslims personally who killed gays and murdered apostates.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fortunately not :). I tend to look at things from a global perspective.

8. fchowd0311

But the poll was American Muslims.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is a difference between doing something yourself and being in favour of something being done. There weren't that many Nazis who actually killed people with their own hands. But there were sadly many who agreed with what was happening. Do you think those who support killing of gays and apostates and violence against people who draw Mohammed are A-OK just because they don't do it themselves?

10. fchowd0311

I know this might sound unsubstantiated, but my gut feeling suggests that many of those who take these polls come in the mindset to 'troll' or not be serious taking them. That's why it is very difficult for me to take any polls seriously. I have an inherent mistrust for polls regardless of topic.

From my experience of be antiquated with HUNDREDS of American Muslims from two entirely different regions of the country, I have only met a few who are for things such as death for apostasy under Sharia Law which obviously makes for an awkward and creepy conversation but their stipulation is that it must be under Sharia law and that rule doesn't apply in the U.S or any other country that doesn't have Sharia Law.

#330 fchowd0311, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is widespread sentiment among Muslims in Europe that the Charlie Hebdo journalists "deserved it". Do you think that is just trolling? Or don't believe me?

12. dmoneybangbang

Maybe you aren't some scared children afraid of every Muslim like ATW who has to use absolutes and misleading headlines to try and validate one's discrimination. Your climate change threads leave a lot to be desired so hope you understand why I just assumed.

13. dmoneybangbang

What does this have to do with your OP that is incorrect? Create another misleading thread to talk about your general Muslim love.