1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslim soccer fans boo during minute of silence for Paris. Chant "Allahu Akbar"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Nov 17, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again, with beating up a straw man.

Islam is inherently a violent religion where the definition of 'innocent' is a small segment of the human species.

The amount of literal interpretation and fundamentalists belief a Muslim has of their religion has plenty of variables.

Yes, I'm well aware that my rhetoric is not going to change a fundamentalist Muslim's paradigm, and by no means do I believe heads of states should mimic my rhetoric as that will only result in more divisiveness. Who my rhetoric is for is the white knight non-Muslim who keeps on shouting 'bigot' at any nuanced criticism of Islam.

Yes, there are actual bigots and racists who are willing to judge a Muslim before even having a chance to know them at a personal level as evil.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Who cares if these people booed or whistled? They should be free to express themselves as they wish. Sure, it's distasteful, but as long as they're not engaging in incitement or provocation or contributing to public disorder, this really isn't an issue.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

We got ourselves an apologist. Awesome, you ever think about starting your own youtube channel and refuting claims that Islam is a false religion?

4. Kwame

You didn't answer the question in my post. Either way, in the big picture, the "issue" raised in the OP isn't really significant or relevant, which is why I asked the question who cares.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sickening - just sickening.

DD

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I agree with you both.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people think Christianity sucks, and Judaism sucks. I think you're just ignorant if you think the Quran teaches people to be violent - shows a lack of knowledge of the history of violent extremism and the roots of it.

To say all Muslims are extremists - well, at least you are open and honest about your prejudice. You know what, that's better than most. Unfortunately, ISIS loves you. They see you as their best friend as you are helping them acheive their goal. Just like Bobby, you're their pawn - good job!

And you know it's the entire stadium because? Exaggeration only shows bias. If you were fair-minded, you wouldn't have to use hyperbole to try to make your point. Your hyperbole masks your weak position and bias.

What is going in is very sad, but until people start to understand why instead of just saying it's all the Quran's fault, things will only get worse and worse.

Where do you get this? I mean, that's a serious question - what empirical or derived evidence are you using to come to these - in all honestly - nutty conclusions?

You want to know why so many moderate Muslims turn a blind eye on the suffering of Christians and others to Muslim extremists?

There are two reasons:

1. Because they feel their is a war on Islam by Christian countries
    2. Christian countries seem to be ok with thousands and thousands of MODERATE Muslims dying to root out a few extremists. 100's of thousands in Iraq, and in another thread you have people defending the use of nukes on Muslim cities to take out a small percentage of extremists and let vast number of moderate muslims die as "collateral damage"

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Islam sucks because...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Kwame

There are Muslim countries missing from that list.

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Sorry but knowing the mentality and understanding of research in Muslims countries a poll would not be taken seriously, they can barely run their communities, lol at these people answering someone taking a poll, pew polls representing 1.7 billion people.....LOL.

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

So now it is invalid? hmm, you must have to work really hard to defend Islamism day in and day out.

You seem to have forgotten how polls work, sorry for that.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

statistics major?

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It sounds like maybe they should run for a seat in the Florida legislature.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not all but FAR too many.

Keep deflecting. The worlds a better place with your kind of thinking. Nothing to see here - as the reports of Muslims killing others comes in more frequently than ever.

If you want to do a recent look at the trends of the most psychopathic killers in the world, you'd have ISIS, Boko Haram and al Qaeda. What do they all have in common? The are Islamist wanting jihad. How they can turn "God is Great" into a mantra for the random killing of people they don't even know?

1 person likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They all have in common that most of their victims are Muslim, and most of those that are on the ground actually fighting against them, and taking the most drastic steps to combat these terrorist groups are in fact Muslims.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Simply because the closest people to the Muslim aggressors are other Muslims - easier to kill those around you. But neither in Paris nor in Mali were most of the victims Muslims, nor in New York for 9/11, nor in the Madrid bombings, the London bombings, etc. etc. etc.

Stop making it seem like the fact that Muslims kill each other somehow ends up being a positive of the religion.

17. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Hopefully when the next islamic terrorist act happens here in our nation, you or your family won't be killed in it

But believe what you want to believe bro

18. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

The religion of terror

Anyone who thinks anything else simply isn't paying attention, or is one of them

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i'm right down the middle when it comes to these discussions.

anyone out there though that has sympathy for the non violent Muslim out there that's great and i see where you are coming from.

the thing is though if at some point one day if a terrorist does something out there that is bigger somehow than 9/11. whatever that could be perhaps a nuclear bomb or something else that levels nyc, d.c., london, paris, moscow. well then i'm not sure what will happen. muslims worldwide and the middle east, north africa, and huge parts of asia will be im limbo.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree.

The jihadists Muslims are just killing the random strangers that are most convenient.

It's the "moderates" Muslims job to defend them.