1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Muslim intolerance] Paris Muslims pile abuse as a Jew quietly walks down street

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Feb 17, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pretty disgusting displays of antisemitism in Paris. Does Islam not teach love and tolerance? That's not what I observe in this video. And it's particularly shameful that this happened so soon after the Charlie Hebdo Islamic terrorist attacks.

http://time.com/3711649/paris-abuse-jews/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AltyhmrIFgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zvika Klein, a journalist who works for the Israeli news outlet NRG, filmed himself walking the streets of Paris for ten hours one day while wearing a yarmulke. The video opens with Klein putting on the traditional Jewish skullcap in front of the Eiffel Tower, before walking around the city. Along the way, Klein experiences what he describes as “fear and loathing,” as the camera catches people spitting on the ground near him, shouting “Viva Palestine” or simply saying, “Jew” or “Juif.”

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

as someone who opposes Islam, I thought this was pretty tame for ten hours worth of footage

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if you lived in paris and walked every day. you would get that. no thanks

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Might as well post this one here, rather than post a new thread.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BqNm2AMujls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-ring-of-peace-to-protect-Oslo-synagogue.html

Really wish the media would make more mention of things like this.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I should have made a video of me walking around lost last year for at least an hour in the Paris train station.

Nobody would stop to help me and the couple that did didn't speak English well enough to help.

Moral of my story...French people suck.

#6 sammy, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I am against the vile words said to the man in this video.

With that said, nowhere in the article were the words "Muslim" or "Islam" mentioned. I don't deny that some - even many - Muslims say anti-Semitic things to Jews in Paris. But again, nowhere does this article bring up Islam. Bad thread title.

And Kevooooo brings up a good point; the articles that perpetuate the hatred get posted everywhere, and yet the good stories like the one in Oslo rarely get mentioned. One thing to learn from all this is that it's stupid to make blanket statements.

8. Major

Major Member

Is this the sequel to when a woman walked around NYC for 10 hours?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b1XGPvbWn0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The Oslo story got mentioned in a lot of the media that I follow. In fact, I first saw it in an Israeli news source ("Stand with us") which posted it. I doubt that you would see a lot of papers in the Muslim world post something positive about Israel or Jews.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Europe is weird.

And not in a cool, Austin kind of way.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In Europe the Muslims are our Hispanics. Same rhetoric is applied by the similar party lines. Their "Right" propagate the exact same rhetoric as our "Right" does towards Hispanics. "Burden on our system", "Tighten the borders", "Taking our jobs", "Inherently criminal" etc.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There are some differences, which mainly have to do with the religious ideology.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, and one has SOME merit in it's rhetoric, but the basic allegations are almost identical.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Unfortunately, I did not see it -- then again, I have been pretty busy this morning and have only been able to glance at a few papers/websites. I don't doubt that it has gotten SOME play, but not nearly the amount of play that anti-Islamic news gets -- and that goes for both instances of islamaphobia and instances of Islamic extremism.

We talk about how Muslims need to take a stand and actively condemn acts of violence in the name of Islam...these young folks have taken a stand in a very courageous way, IMO, they deserve to be applauded on EVERY news outlet.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's pretty disgusting and similar to how poor and idiotic people will evade from the violent ugliness of the action but won't shy away from associating with the raw power of the act due to their own perceived powerlessness.

Like Holocaust deniers who slip a smile at the numbers or the 9/11 truthers.

I kept thinking that dude would get catcalled.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It was posted on their German facebook presence.

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/standwithusgerman/posts/1561903837401766" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/standwithusgerman/posts/1561903837401766">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/standwithusgerman">Standwithus German</a>.</div></div>

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

How could I have possible missed it?! :rolleyes: