1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslim doctor 'shot and stabbed' outside mosque in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc rock, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow overreact much? The article posted says that's what the police are suspecting...

Regardless, good to hear he survived.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Why is "shot and stabbed" in parentheses?

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

This is worrisome, especially for all men of the Desi community.

I remember getting bullied at school in 5th grade mercilessly after 9/11. It's sad.

Stay safe and vigilant, people.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This should probably be moved to D&D.

Hope the doctor makes a full recovery and his attackers are caught. Way too little information to say if this was crime targeted at his religion.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Has anyone seen Honey Bear?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/umVyjrV9w6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe he was targeted by extremist Muslims

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

LOL at people losing their **** because it was a "Muslim doctor". What if this was a "single black mother"?

Yeah, that one hurt.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How the hell is this international news. Holy crap. Do they know how many people get stabbed in south west houston an hour?

#29 Bandwagoner, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Houston Southwest is a third world country, like Brazil

11. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure it does seem targeted to you.... and the "police calling it a robbery" is an interesting way to phrase it. Do you have any evidence at all that it wasn't a robbery? Do you believe the police force is covering it?

I wouldn't be shocked if it is a targeted situation but at this time there is no reason to believe so.

12. Nook

Nook Member

It is international news because he happened to be a rich Muslim outside the Mosque... That is a GREAT headline.... The fact that it appears to have been a robbery? Well why let that get in the way of a great story.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I assume the doctor is wealthy. Why didn't he park valet at the mosque and avoid walking around this dangerous area?

14. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Hmm, well the "robbers" asked for his wallet. He gave it to them, yet he was then stabbed and shot twice. I don't know of too many "robbers" who would attempt to kill a guy after they have gotten what they wanted. It makes little sense from a "robbers" perspective. From my understanding this guy was wearing Arab or Islamic dressing and this incident also took play across a street from a mosque. It's reasonable to assume its a hate crime given the above.

There was a lady in a hijab beat up in Toronto as well, they at least let their intentions be known by calling her a terrorist. If they had not said that I guess they would be labelled "robbers" as they took her phone. The Florida incident I mentioned earlier happened the same way yet the police there is calling it a "robbery" while the Toronto police are calling the Toronto incident a hate crime. I actually think its good that crimes of hate not be mentioned as such, there are too many copy cats in this world. They enrage in anger on the internets until it boils over on them.

15. SK34

SK34 Member

There is no valet at this masjid.

And

http://nypost.com/2016/06/06/video-shows-two-guys-who-beat-muslim-man-in-queens/

And

There were from what I believe there was another robbery at a masjid nearby (behind sterling McCall and Starbucks area ok Hilcroft).

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

In an attempt to pile on RocketsLegend (the resident Trump supporter), you made yourself look really bad here. Come on man. Robbery has no rules.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Really? It happens all the time. There was a teen in Bellaire at a pizza shop that was shot and killed because he couldn't open the register. There have been numerous incidents where people are still shot after giving up their stuff. I have heard of people getting shot after being robbed because they didn't have enough. People trying hard here to make this a hate crime. Maybe it turns out as one but let the investigation continue and look up some robberies.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When you're in that area be prepared for anything. One of the ****holes of Houston.

59S past fountainview becomes a dangerous spot - Hillcroft, Bissonet, Beechnut etc

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Apparently some people shot at a mosque last night in College Station. Saw it from some of my friends' news feeds

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Did the doctor live?