1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What's So Great About Kayne West?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 21, 2011.

?

What Do You Think About Kayne West?

1. He is magnificent - one of my favorite artists

63 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. He is okay but overhyped

49 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. He sucks and deserves to no longer be performing music

20 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. I do not know enough about him to pick between options 1 through options 3

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Raven

Raven Member

Grubby little race hustler, a media made moron, prince of idiots, thugs, and wannabes.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Did you Google that? lol

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Manny - Jay-Z and Beyonce love Beach House.

silly rabbit.

4. LonghornFan

Moes! Inhale, lay back, enjoy the beats. "Stronger" with Daft Punk. The lyrics ring true, and the whole production. Just bad ass.

Good times like now listening to Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth.

1 person likes this.
  5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Why u mad? Oh wait that's right, Yeezy probably taught your girl too.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xufZV8FpXNM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm listening to "Can I kick it" By a little group called "A tribe called quest".

With the ******* Lou Reed guitar riff from "Walk on the Wild Side".

Thats you sample a ******* piece.

7. LonghornFan

LMAO!

8. LonghornFan

9. Obito

Okay...

Nobody is saying he's better than ATCQ...

Kanye has vision, he know what people like without giving them trash like Waka Flocka's **** ass trap music.

Oh and Jay-Z's net worth is almost half a billion, where's yours at ?

10. Obito

Kanye is a genius but it all comes from the man up top, how do you go from selling crack cocaine on the streets of Brooklyn to being the part time owner of Arsenal, 40/40 nighclubs, Def Jam Records endorsing Chevy, Budweiser, Armadale Vodka, Hewlett Packard not to mention his tours and 11 platinum albums... in the span of 14-15 years ? He signs Kanye, Jadakiss, Rihanna, Wale, J. Cole and Jay Electronica to his label.

Gtfo out of here with this bs, the man is a genius. Give credit where credit is due.

11. brooksstephens

Really, man?? You're bashing the guy and you don't even know what his name is yet?? It's Kanye, not Kayne.

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

So what's that got to do with his music?

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

He listens to indie rock. 'nuff said.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Kanye West isn't you're cup of tea of you're listening to indie rock. Kanye isn't urban outfitters friendly sorry. :(

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is not Hip Hop... Imo...

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He's really not THAT misunderstood. Its that in America unbridled ego and free expression is something people deep down want. To say and act and do whatever you like is a coveted thing. So in the end he gets credited for "breaking the mold".

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People generally don't like assigning genres and labels to music. But it seems people still lump hip hop under one big umbrella term even when there's different types of hip hop (gangsta rap, trap music, krunk, horrorcore, etc). But Kanye isnt really following hip hop "as we know it" (nor have other producers even). Maybe its time to add in another term. "Electro/Trance posing as hip hop" isnt a good enough label :p

Similar with R&B, its like the dance remixes of songs are now THE MAIN sound. Usher is nothing but that now. I guess America has finally caught on with Europe's more accepted mainstream electronic sound.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Maybe not Urban Outfitters, but American Apparel friendly. (Which is even more indie then Urban Outfitters) Kanye shops there on a regular basis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ha, I didn't even realize I misspelled his first name in the title until someone pointed that out!

At any rate, I listened to Kanye's latest album and the first time through I was impressed. Dark Fantasy and Gorgeous were songs that immediately grabbed me. Power might be my favorite song on the entire album. The next 3 (All of the Lights, Monster, and So Appalled) were good but not as good as the first 3 songs. Devil in a New Dress is one of the best tracks on the album and I really liked Runaway although I am not sure if the last 3 minutes of that song was needed. The last couple of tracks to end the album, IMO, were weaker than what came before it but all in all, this album impressed me and showed me that not all rap and hip-hop is crap. I do wish Kanye's flow was a little better but the guy is brilliant when it comes to the samples.

So, what are the best songs from each of his albums? What would you say are his 10 best songs? How would you rank his albums from 1 to 5? What is the best album he produced that he did not perform on (is it by Common or someone else)?

1 person likes this.
  20. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I like J. Cole's verision more

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbM4-RgOI8A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbM4-RgOI8A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>