1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What's So Great About Kayne West?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 21, 2011.

?

What Do You Think About Kayne West?

1. He is magnificent - one of my favorite artists

63 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. He is okay but overhyped

49 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. He sucks and deserves to no longer be performing music

20 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. I do not know enough about him to pick between options 1 through options 3

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He is the face of a poser generation that aspires to be frauds.

his gold digger song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-2mpjvHrDo&feature=fvw

was catchy albeit stolen from ray charles.

I like the collaboration with daft punk personally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG50h6ajBDg&feature=related

and the other one with estelle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIK1IzWl_Xc

So that's 3 songs right there. These days 3 songs unfortunately is enough.

I personally think he is a dork but there is a subset of people that like to dress like him and wear those stupid glasses.

So that's why people like him... but I don't think it makes him great. Think about it ,people want to make chase budinger great. Same with kanye, people are starving for a star. people eat that up and he eats it up too. one thing you cant argue is that people like kanye give people something they want. It's a big machine of dorkiness surrounded with names like seacrest,jwow,clooney and kanye... all sucking off each other.

In the meantime I 'll listen to daft punk and kanye for free on youtube.I know I aint paying him. the fact that youtube is in essence the medium for public theft is a whole different debate for the D&D. I think the cat is out of the bag. If people want to go to kanyes concerts enough so he can make a dime I suppose I am not against it. You have to take him for what he is... he's actually not that bad when you do that. I felt the same way about tupac but then grew to like him.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorta like the cat is out of the bag that you are really MacBeth?? :eek: :eek:

I do have to hand it to you that you have done a decent job in throttling your long-windedness this long, but sooner or later, you won't be able to control yourself. Did you lose your password to the "MacBeth" account because why the need to start another account here, friend?

Moving back to the thread, I actually had found some Kayne stuff that I didn't even know I had on my hard drive, lol. I am going to listen to him and give him a fair shot here - I even bought the latest album today off Amazon!

1 person likes this.
  3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

The fact that almost half of the people who voted in this poll think Kanye is "magnificent" at what he does, no matter how big a douche he may be, says a lot.

4. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

I think he's somewhat misunderstood, heres an very interesting interview he did with VBS.

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/spike-spends-saturday-with/kanye-west

<script src="http://www.vbs.tv/vbs_player.js?width=480&height=270&ec=RkZzlnOgHD2Tz2waPQdcY7Y1UXbSetbs&st=Spike%20Spends%20Saturday%20With...&pl=http://www.vbs.tv/watch/spike-spends-saturday-with/kanye-west" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 people like this.
  5. Manny Ramirez

So no rep, not even pity rep for me for posting about getting his latest album? :( ;)

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

does that have anything to do with feeling generally like a god?
    :grin:

7. s land balla

repped.

8. Manny Ramirez

Not sure but I can answer your question better after I "unthrottle" with the wife, all the while with "Slow Jamz" by Kayne playing in the background. :eek:

9. Manny Ramirez

LOL, I was just joking but thanks - yea I'll see if I can listen to that one tonight and I'll post my initial thoughts about it in this thread.

10. s land balla

Make sure to listen to the tracks all the way through...adding Rick Ross to the end of Devil in a New Dress was amazing. :grin:

11. s land balla

"I'm a fan of really great stuff. And since I'm really great, by default, I'm a fan of myself." -Ye
    :grin:

12. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Damn, I just finish purchasing both Jay Z and Kanye Tracks from Amazon, I guess I'm part of their growing following that are making them rich.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I listen to everything, but Kanye is one of the few hip hop producer/artist that I find amazing. I don't know why people say his lyric is crap. He isn't always introspective but there are zingers in his songs like "Now *****s can't make it to ballots to choose leadership, But we can make it to Jacob and to the dealership".

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

16. Manny Ramirez

I'm not the first to think this. But it is very obvious (you have admitted yourself) that you were here before. And putting MacBeth in your sig is simply a red herring to make people think you are not him. And if you are not MacBeth, then I take it you are not ashamed or embarrassed to tell us who you were before. Were you DREAMer or how about Francis3 or even MR MEOWGI aka Shovelface?

But I will say this - a poster like "MacBeth" had a unique style to him. Some of your posts have shown this but not all. It is extremely hard for someone to change their posting style and habits. The truth will eventually come out as I am betting you can't change your posting style.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

have you forgotten this is the intarwebs? I can ACT LIEK LHUTZ1!!!11! and Kagy at the same time. I can be Tod the Bod and heyschweetie if I want to. It doesn't change anything.

actually I do include Macbeth in my sig as a salute to one of our fallen comrades who lost his life on this bbs somewhere in the fog of war. sadly he hasn't come back.

I liked him and I thought it was wrong how he got run out of here. apparently your opinion has been so benign over the years you have somehow managed to not be executed.consider yourself lucky. It has been a war of attrition and from that point of view I am posting this 'from the other side'... somewhere between the spirit of popeye (or was it oilerpere?)and something cryptic only doc rocket might appreciate- Really I'm paxsons nephews friend via forman passing messages to ellen for daryl via this bbs.

I am not the person you never met that you think is the person that you have not met either... remember say it again. interwebs...internet.. ;)

anyway I have a theory that the current heypartner is not the real one that moved to denver.. Trader gor gay is still here and you are still you I suppose.are you ready for the SPLASH?

18. Landlord Landry

19. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

s laNd B a L L a you only like him because his from your city.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This is true Manny. The whole album is amazing!