1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What upcoming shows are you going to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Feb 4, 2010.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Girl in a Coma @ Mohawks 10/28
    The Postelles and The Wombats @ The Parish 10/30
    FFFun Fest Nov. 4,5,6

People should really check these bands out. Just caught Girl in a Coma at Waterloo this Monday for their CD release and have been really impressed with it. And the Postelles are awesome. They were the first band I saw moving up here in Austin and had their album playing in constant rotation for 3 months. Really good Pop-Rock this weekend. Then next weekend SLAYER and DANZIG.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tEk9OvJ1eZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qhQ4Hwwjf08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. nickb492

Decided to class it up tonight and go to the Marchesa Hall and Theatre to soak in some culture. Not only did I get soaked with culture, but also got soaked with red liquid from frontman of GWAR Oderus Urungus's ****. Can't get that watching Hamlet.

Also in a couple of weeks going to see Chimaria on their last tour ever. Sucks because they have one of the best metal songs in last 10 years.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPY0cYIXY7U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPY0cYIXY7U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

My Morning Jacket on December 8th. Radiohead on March 3rd. SXSW. Maybe Roger Waters doing the Wall, depending on if I have the money.

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Senses fail tonight at fitzgeralds

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

fail indeed.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

mmj and delta spirit tonight!!! haven't been this excited about a non-festival show in a very long time!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Avicii Killing it right now!!!

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Reptar in Feb!!!

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I saw these guys open for Phantogram a few months ago. They sounded like a mix between Born Ruffians and Vampire Weekend. I love Born Ruffians but I hate Vampire Weekend. So I'm not really sure about Reptar.

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The Joy Formidable, March 28th!

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Girls w/Unknown Mortal Orchestra
    March 8th at La Zona Rosa

12. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I am so amped for Mountain Goats tonight, I can hardly contain myself.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1fKcROeuvCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

So many Houston shows in March. If I don't do SXSW, then I'm going to do Girls w/ Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Neon Indian w/ Purity Ring (these guys are awesome) for sure, and maybe Of Montreal w/ Cults and Kasabian. Plus Radiohead early March

then in April the Black Keys w/ Arctic Monkeys and MAYBE Childish Gambino

Then M83 in May, Free Press Summer Fest in June

Pretty good year so far

14. nickb492

Hate the fact that Motorhead cancelled tonight due to Lemmy's voice but get to see Megadeth tonight so that's cool. Maybe get to see them play a longer set so that is the bright side of missing out on seeing Motorhead for the second time in 6 months.:(

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Built to Spill & Lucero soon. Pretty pumped.

16. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I have a pretty packed schedule. Going to be awesome

3/11- Natural Child, Turbo Fruits, Dustin Wong, bunch of other bands (Beaumont)
    3/12- Titus Andronicus w/ Screaming Females @ Warehouse Live
    3/17- Titus Andronicus, Thermals, Chairlift, Lower Dens, Slim Thug @ Rice University (Early), Neon Indian w/ Purity Ring @ House of Blues (Late)
    3/18- Andrew WK @ Fitzgerald's
    4/4- The Toadies @ the Gig, Beaumont TX
    4/24- Black Keys w/ Arctic Monkeys @ Woodlands Pavilion
    4/29- Bruce Springsteen and Dr John @ NOLA Jazz Fest*
    5/5- My Morning Jacket @ NOLA Jazz Fest*
    5/17- M83 @ House of Blues
    6/2-3- Free Press Summer Fest in Houston
    6/8- The Beach Boys @ Woodlands Pavilion
    7/11- Mayhem Fest w/ Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead @ Woodlands

*=maybe

Free Press Summer Fest line-up gets announced tomorrow. I'm incredibly excited to see that one, bought tickets as soon as they went on sale and got them super cheap

17. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

AraabMUZIK, April 6th, 2012. I'm doing everything in my power to see this young'n perform live. I'm in Colorado, but would make the flight back to Houston just for his show.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

you are now listening to AraabMUSIK.

Electronic Dream is amazing.

I wonder what type of crowd will make it out to this show. The following of both artists is quite random.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My super cool wife just bought us a pair of tickets to the Radiohead show tomorrow night in Austin :grin:

20. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Anyone else going to Hang Out Music Fest at the Gulf Shores in Alabama this year? I am pretty pumped for it.