1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

this is heaven, never heard of it now i love it

#8741 Voice of Aus, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Kanye is suprisingly underrated.

College Dropout was a classic.
    Late Registration was a classic.
    Graduation was a very good album.
    808s and Heartbreaks was a game changer.
    My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was a classic.
    Yeezus was a very good album (though not his best)

Such an impressive discography, you can hate Kanye the person all you want, but Kanye the artist is absolutely phenomenal.

Hearing he may come out with an album later this year with only 8 tracks. Should be good!

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Kanye is the boring male Madonna.

Musically, at least Madonna was savvy enough to swipe underground music right before they became mainstream. Kanye's sound is safer it's Britney Spears with "edgier" samples.

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Let me know when Madonna gets a discography as critically acclaimed as Kanye's.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

madonna is very critically acclaimed. Whether or not you like her music there's no denying that she's talented and dedicated her life to her craft. If you can't see that than you're just a hater.

I came to this thread to say this is what im listening to!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZxOBInMi3l0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's a ZZ Top kind of morning.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sA0sZnaDIDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The Band of Heathens - Sunday Morning Record

9. Toast

Toast Member

The Lazy song by Bruno Mars.

I finally found a Bruno Mars tune I like. Though it's mostly because he's singing what I'm feeling today.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

guilty pleasure...

11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

How can you be underrated when you're one of the biggest recording acts in the last decade?

Anyways, on the complete opposite of the spectrum. Can't get enough of this sunny, quirky pop-punk twee sound of the 90s (especially when it's below 0 degrees outside). Simple melodies/harmonies/lyrics.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GchZ3Cifsz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Someone posted about these guys on a SXSW thread and I checked them out. I love it when I find a new band that I like.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G6e2yfx7NY4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The new Against Me! album is the first great one I've heard this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Q4XJI8B1BI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Win

Win Contributing Member

Hey Stipendlax - 'Tis good to see another 'That dog' fan here; i really like that genre of music. Anna Waronker put out a great solo album after That Dog broke up called 'Anna'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUzYzH1v9ig&feature=share&list=LL_jZULhsi4B1tw-XaeA4Vzw

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Listening to my Latin list this morning and Miguel Antonio just popped up. GREAT guitarist.

16. Warheart

Warheart Member

usually listen to metal but this band has really caught my attention lately even though i have no idea what they are saying
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UzfXdPl48ic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BNKSs1J38EA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QGxbB46gaxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. DwightHoward13

Live Forever - Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
    Featured in "NBA Forever" commercial
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q3WG1Bv5aBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XUf4FEiimwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Detroit Cobras

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JvxrYbCnpvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>