1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

some older - NSFW

N.W.A - Chin check
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFphy4jT-e8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFphy4jT-e8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

some newer

Scale The Summit - The Great Plains
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXq0FcYbAsU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXq0FcYbAsU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i was unaware of that, but did you know james mcmurtry is playing friday at the continental club?

:p

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i just downloaded the heartless bastards last night. oustanding.

my appearance at the andrew bird/heartless bastards was just upgraded from out to questionable. depends on the schedule of games that saturday (and the show not selling out).

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

tree - you listened to the Black Sessions album, awesome live concert great mix of songs...... damn i love Beirut, it just give you the slow smile happy feeling and makes you close you eyes and imagine......

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Today:

"Into the Music" - Van Morrison
    "Closing Time" - Tom Waits
    "The Songs of Leonard Cohen" - Leonard Cohen
    "Born to Run" - Bruce Springsteen
    "Beautiful Vision" - Van Morrison

6. Landlord Landry

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http:/www.youtube.com/v/4hXOPtcoyRA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hXOPtcoyRA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Manny Ramirez

"Darkness on the Edge of Town" - Bruce Springsteen
    "Inarticulate Speech of the Heart" - Van Morrison
    "Blue Valentine" - Tom Waits
    "The Magazine" - Rickie Lee Jones

8. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBCrsaet-2Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBCrsaet-2Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Jane's Addiction- Ritual de lo Habitual
    Jane's Addiction- Nothing's Shocking

That is it. Phenomenal stuff.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

These are in heavy rotation right now on my ipod:

Ghostland Observatory - Paparazzi Lightning
    Beirut - March of the Zapotec/Holland
    Deerhunter - Microcastle
    The Presets - Apocalypso
    Animal Colletive - Merriweather Post Pavilion

#590 Harrisment, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Manny - I'm going to Coachella in April and Leonard Cohen will be performing. Now I know the guy is a legend but I've heard very little of his music. Is this album a good place to start?

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The new Presets album is outstanding, eh?

I'm not a big fan of Deerhunter, but I did meet the lead singer Bradford Cox outside a bookstore in NYC a few months ago. He was buying comic books. I chatted with him for a few minutes and he said they were playing a secret show that evening at Mercury Lounge. He said he could get me in for free if I wanted since it was sold out, but I already had tickets for a Hercules and Love Affair show that same evening. Bradford is a really nice guy though. Very approachable. I like his music in Atlas Sound a little better though.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Spirit-The Best of Spirit
    The Gourds-Haymaker!
    The Killers-Day & Age

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah I'm totally digging the Presets album.

That's a tough call between Deerhunter and Hercules and Love Affair. I probably would have gone to Deerhunter but that'd be a good decision to have to make. How was the H&LA show? I'm gonna see them in a couple of months for the first time.

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

Deerhunter/Atlas Sound/Lotus Plaza are definitely dominating my iPod at the moment.

16. Manny Ramirez

Yes, however I must tell you that his voice on that album sounds NOTHING like it does now. Back on that album, he sang in a nasal, slightly off-key tenor voice. And that is how his voice sounded through "Recent Songs", but starting with "Various Positions", his voice became this ultra deep, booming bass voice. It is hard to believe that it could be from the same guy. It is almost like Cohen went through puberty again in his mid 40s. So, you might want to pick up instead "I'm Your Man" which is his 2nd best album after his debut and features the singing voice that he uses today. I envy you, Harris, as I would LOVE to see Cohen live - dude is going to be 75 this year! :eek:

17. Manny Ramirez

"The Best of Van Morrison" - Van Morrison
    "The Bootleg Series, Volumes 1-3" - Bob Dylan (disc 1 only)
    "Landing On Water" - Neil Young
    "Ten New Songs" - Leonard Cohen

18. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

I'm so paid - Akon
    Sexy Love - Ne-Yo
    Let me love you - Mario
    Beautiful - Akon
    For your love - young rome

19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Queen - The Crown Jewels (Their first 8 albums remastered)

20. Convictedstupid

Scale the Summit's new album is freaking amazing. I wasnt a big fan of Monument, but I love Carving Desert Canyons. And theyre local so thats cool.