1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[music video] The guy who inspired Eminem's "Fast Lane" video just did mine **proud**

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TdashDUB, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Rushdie

Rushdie Member

Simon Cowell would disagree. Sometimes people have to tell that your in the wrong profession.

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

You don't know who is on this board.
    I have a degree from the New England Conservatory...............

I'm not going to be too critical of this guy, because at least he's trying. The problem is, aside from very little musicality, (I don't consider a repeated guitar riff music. Nothing actually happens. It sounds like it could be a sample.) it isn't original at all. Not at all. Niether is the video. It has all been done before numerous times. The way things are going with "popular music" however, that may not be such a bad thing for his career.....

I think perhaps people are becoming frustrated with the direction popular genres are headed and are taking it out here. There just seems to be very little originality in anything anymore. It has just become a mess.

There is still a ton of great artistry in our age, unfortunately those gems are somewhat are hidden from public view...

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thats because people have left the love for music for the love of money. People today write music to get rich and not to express themselves. People today write what sells and not who they really are. There is also a standard of what is in and what is not. Only a few find the gems because they are not so stuck in what everyone listens to but actually explore real music and originality other than dubstep/hip hop and I actually rap. I have written so many songs its not even funny. I have recorded and also have a music video just hidden away from all public untill I feel its the right time to release. None of my songs talk about money, sex, cars. None of my songs boast about skill. But every single song I write is about an experience I've had. For me its more about the passion I have for writing and expressing myself. Maybe one day I will make a thread like this of my own but for now I keep doing the small "performaces" I get and just thankful others get to hear what I have to say......

1 person likes this.
  4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I liked it man good job

5. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I thank everyone for the kind feedback and words of encouragement.
    But I also thank the others, no matter how negative. I may only drop threads only whenever I have a new music video and seemingly 'peace out', but I'm no troll. I still read and take in everything. And I only drop the videos here because this forum is a part of my life as sad as that may be. I mean a part of my life just as much as gmail, only despite me never posting I still feel like I know some of you guys. So I'm not just posting it here to bump views as I rarely post my videos onto other forums.

Plus I always feel like if I address the negative comments, I'm just coming off as defensive. But the truth is, some of you saying that "you never know who is on here so don't assume anything" is guilty of doing it as well.
    Only seeing the videos I post doesn't mean you know me nor the situations I'm currently sitting in. I don't think my friends and family are the ones that got me the cover and article to a popular Texas magazine.

At the end of the day...
    I'm not trying to be the richest rapper, I'm trying to be the greatest rapper.
    I don't think I'm THE best, but to become THE best, you need that mind set. I know there's room for improvement but I'd still feel that way if the world crowned me GOAT. And with that said, those who say I'm awful I honestly laugh at. They are, of course, completely entitled to that opinion, but there's people who feel that Jay-Z, Ye, Em, and other obvious greats are awful rappers. They can own that opinion, but those people are clearly wrong. And I'm not by any way saying I'm an obvious great. But those people and more are still going to be around when I am one.

And my videos have over 2,000,000 views. With that many hits, you'd expect a good deal of trolls, haters, ignorant comments and people who dont like your craft. So trust me when I say I have thick skin and nothing said on an internet forum will deter me from any goals.

I'm just going to keep sharing as long as there's someone watching and hopefully you other people will come around as I evolve as an artist..

But I'll end with this: in no longer than 3 years time I'm going to up this thread, laugh at the majority of you who doubted, then apologize by donating $5,000 of my hard worked/earned revenue as a professional artist to CF as I do it
    All you're going to see in here an obnoxious amount of: :cool::cool::cool::cool: lol
    Anyone else feel free to subscribe the thread.. Just wait ;)

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

And? I certainly do know who is on the board. I was trying to back the guy up considering the previous posts were just killing him for no real reason. If you read the post fully you'd know I more or less share your opinion, I just happen to give him credit for his accomplishment as well. Sheesh, I think we know who the people that are truly feeling themselves here. Hint: It ain't me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I still think the pinnacle of your career was your collaboration with Shannon Gaga. She's got mad indie cred.

1 person likes this.
  8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Loved it, ignore the jelous people.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I won't disrespect your accomplishments, but it sounds like pop/corny white rap which I don't like. You try to be too original or funny with your flow and lines instead of delievering a complete piece of work or being true to yourself(or maybe that corny white style really is you as a person).
    I really think you have to find out who you are as an artist, cause your current style just seems to be a copy of successfull white guys that rap on Youtube in a humerous style. I don't see how you provide anything different from a musical perspective. And I doubt you'll get a good contract or money if you don't overhaule your rap style, this pop/comedy rap won't boost you to the next level.

Also, most of the views you received are from videos that are comedy or pranking, so not for you as a music artist.

Hope that comment is a bit more helpful than most of the other ones here.

10. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Travis, can I ask the significance of the name Dubwerth?

It is probably my least favorite aspect of your work, but I'm just curious where you got it from and how committed it is to your music.

1 person likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Check your rep man.... :D.... Replied.......

12. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty good personally.

1 person likes this.
  13. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I liked it. Good job. I also liked the jacket? Where'd u get it from? :grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I work with all major artists and I showed this to Shawn Carter ...he said it was mad corny and this kehd should find another lane. I agreed with him then we poured up some rozay.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

the video was pretty cool

1 person likes this.
  16. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Copy of successful white guys that rap on Youtube in a humorous style???? You said yourself, most of my views are from comedy**. I've been rapping AND doing comedy way before YT was even near the mammoth it is today. I can pull up even ****tier tracks from freshman year in highschool 8 years ago that were comedy tracks.

Another point you're incorrect in is I know exactly who I am as an artist - you're the one in the dark.
    I've been writing for over 10 years working damn hard while doing it, I can cover any style/concept you throw at me. The few videos I've posted here OR on YT doesn't scratch the surface, my dude.

I put out mainly silly music videos to pander to my mainly silly past/viewers on Youtube. And even then, try to be creative with it. But while I'm pumping out mainly jokes, I'm constantly exercising myself as an artist

My album shows range in itself with songs like:
    http://dubwerth.bandcamp.com/track/different-story

And I've shelved plenty of tracks that'll see the light of day when I feel enough people are listening:
    http://www.sharebeast.com/di3b88984crm
    http://www.sharebeast.com/v4jix1ltex56

You don't have to like my material, but I have to laugh at anyone who says I cant rap.
    And I only boldly say that because I've manned the hours crafting it. When others are trying to emulate radio to make a hit, I've been trying to innovate flows/rhyme schemes/concepts for the art - why not TRY to be "too" original? I know my talent will shine through and provide for me regardless because of that in only a matter of time. Whether you think they sound corny or not, there's people who believe otherwise and a lot more than you think.

(and that wasn't only/entirely directed at you, Yung)

** with 900,000 views for my music.. I'd say I'm not disappointed in those numbers

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I like typography videos. This one was well done and made the music listenable (though i'm not a fan of this type of hiphop).

Keep hustlin'

1 person likes this.