1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] The 20 Worst Hipster Bands: The Complete List

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Aug 24, 2012.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He makes interesting points. And I'm glad someone agrees with me on Bon Iver. Link provides the rest of the critiques description, I ddn't wanna paste them all.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I don't know any of these so i guess I'm not a hipster.Thank god.:)

3. Nero

Nero Member

Good grief. I am either old, or out of touch, or just from another planet entirely.

I was about to say, I have never even HEARD of any of these groups, much less heard any of their music, at least as far as I know.. but then I did in fact recall the name 'Death Cab For Cutie', I think because the old Ipod used to come with a sort sampler series of weird tracks, and I remember the name from that.

But other than that, nothing.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Soo... XMU's playlist?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

#5 SamFisher, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Haters gonna hate.

Arcade Fire, Grizzly Bear, Beach House,Beirut and The Black Keys are damn good bands.

1 person likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is a completely random list of "in" bands the author probably ripped from the Spotify playlist of some skinny jeans wearing 110 pound bipolar type who ****ed his girlfriend.

uhhh Beach House sounds nothing like Massive Attack, and it certainly isn't trip hop. Maybe the comparison you were looking for was Portishead?

Grizzly Bear makes some of the most beautiful music I've heard. They are extremely diverse and their frontman has a haunting voice.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about based on that idiotic statement alone. I will say that their sound isn't very diverse, but when you have a voice like Victoria LeGrand, you can stick to what works.

Bon Iver's melodies don't move me nearly as much as the lyrics. Bon Iver is just a damn good band.

Arcade Fire are definitely overrated, but Funeral is a good album and The Suburbs isn't too shabby. The Grammy sealed their fate.

Bright Eyes - lyrically exceptional, vocally horrendous. The new Bob Dylan for PBR sippers, but often confused for emo and rightfully so. Still, you find yourself listening to them when you're going through a breakup.

tune-yards... yeah, I don't get the hype over them.

Black Keys - extremely generic sounding white boy blues rock to me, but they are catchy so I can understand why people are into them.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti is basically just a throwback to 60s acid pop. They shouldn't be mentioned in the same article as some piece of **** wannabe poser band like The Airborne Toxic Event.

MGMT... I agree with this completely. They appear to be one album wonders. Orcular Spectacular was a cool "get high and dance" album, but Congratulations just plain sucked.

1 person likes this.
  8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Trolling at its best.

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i know all these bands well and honestly, i could go on with my life quite merrily if any of them were to cease to exist. it's a (kinda) funny piece. i will say, however, that i do like bon iver and the arcade fire quite a bit. bright eyes, he suffers from the jack white syndrome-> so much talent, too little obsessive focus. the rest of the bands, meh.

10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Man, you guys are old. I know about 2/3 of the bands on this list, but only halfway care for #20.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bleacher Report slide show. Meh.

#11 Carl Herrera, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Also there are so many bands worse than TV on the Radio... they don't ever really put out albums I can jam every track on, but they certainly have a few singles that are really good.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Here is my list...

1.) Vampire Weekend

1 person likes this.
  14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

The Black Keys are the best band in the world.

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I actually like the black keys. Every other band on the list was one I either never had heard of or already disliked

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Time for your piss test. You are high as a kite!

1 person likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is just a douchebag trying to sound like an anti-hipster, when in reality, he's just out-hipstering the hipsters by making this list. I'm very surprised he didn't include Lana Del Rey on there since he was obviously just making sweeping statements about every band/artist that isn't played on 94.5 (minus the Black Keys). Idiotic article.

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

gay. The Black Keys are great

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

MGMT rocked Yo Gabba Gabba. That's wut I'm sayin.

1 person likes this.
  20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Did anyone else see FUN get absolutely ripped by Colbert?