1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC]Favorite Radiohead Songs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Zackery

Zackery Member

I don't like too many songs on The Bends for some reason. I think the tracks on that album are 8/10s. Exept for Black Star, no real stand outs. But Ok Computer, Kid A and Hail to the Thief are top notch. But to select only a few as my very favorites; that's really difficult. Just here are some that come to my mind.

Airbag
    Homesick Alien
    There There
    Where I end and you begin
    In Limbo

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Am I the only one who just can't get into Hail to the Thief?

I worship OKC, Kid A, In Rainbows, and The Bends, dig Amnesiac and TKOL... but for some reason not much on HTTT really does much for me.

1 person likes this.
  3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I can keep it to ten, but not without leaving out a lot more songs that I love just as much.

Some favorites, in no order.

15 Step
    Knives Out
    Kid A
    Bloom
    Morning Mr. Magpie
    Paranoid Android
    Nude
    The Tourist
    Blowout
    Pyramid Song

4. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Colbert said in a statement: "I look forward to meeting the Radioheads and leveraging their anti-corporate indie cred to raise brand awareness for my sponsors."

Dude is awesome. He also did a Rush show.

Also, I'm sure everyone who would know, does, but there's a Radiohead program on showtime right now showing them play KoL songs in studio. i enjoyed it.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

moe,

You're not the only one - outside of the songs that I listed in my top 20, there isn't anything else on that album that I really like.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm one of those annoying fans that constantly says their older material is better. Last album I really enjoyed was Amnesiac. Granted, I haven't heard much of Rainbows or Limbs.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

ima_drummer, what's your favorite zappa album?

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, I've barely scratched the surface of the Zappa Discography, but I can't stop listening to Joe's Garage. Or any of the You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore volumes. Anything live is great.

You'd be better off asking someone a little more 'Zappa-educated' like Rashmon or mc mark. He's still pretty new to me, but I'm learning.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

after pablo honey that seems to be their consensus worst album - personally, its my favorite - to me it was a summary of their career up to that point - it has elements of the bends, ok computer and kid a/kid b. it was a band at their creative peak throwing it all out there.

stylistically its all over the place - kind of messy and there is alot to digest, but its brilliant - it is their exile on main street or their kiss me, kiss me, kiss me or their sign o' the times, if you will.

11. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I use to hate this album but drove to Florida with my wife and listened to it while she slept. It took me over 6 listens to love this album.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You should really give In Rainbows a listen. It's some of their best work.

Hail to the Thief is a strange album for me. I feel like the openers are really good, the middle is clearly the weakest part of the album, and the closers are freaking outstanding. It's hard to top the combo of Punchup-->Myxomatosis-->Scatterbrain-->A Wolf at the Door.

13. Manny Ramirez

ima,

I might have you confused with RM95 aka Groogrux but I thought you only liked Radiohead through the Bends? That's pretty cool that you like Kid A - what is your favorite song off that album?

Echo the sentiment on In Rainbows - an absolute must listen album - my 2nd favorite album by them after Kid A.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In Rainbows is Radiohead's most intimate, sensual album.

I've done the deed to it several times, I find it to be extremely touching and erotic, especially "House of Cards"

15. Manny Ramirez

I know you were asking ima but I thought I would answer as I have a "couple" of Zappa albums, listed in order of most favored to least favored:

Hot Rats
    One Size Fits All
    We're Only in it for the Money
    Freak Out!!
    Absolutely Free
    Burnt Weeny Sandwich
    Frank Zappa Meets the Mothers of Prevention

There are about 13 to 15 more Zappa albums I plan on getting (looking at Uncle Meat as my next buy). The first 3 I listed are 3 of the greatest albums, IMO, regardless whose discography it is.

16. Manny Ramirez

Bringing this thread back as I just finished listening to a Radiohead playlist that I made for the ipod (it does include 2 Thom Yorke songs from "The Eraser")

1 - 15 Steps
    2 - How To Disappear Completely
    3 - High And Dry
    4 - Paranoid Android
    5 - The Eraser
    6 - Go To Sleep
    7 - Codex
    8 - Anyone Can Play Guitar
    9 - Pyramid Song
    10 - Let Down
    11 - Black Star
    12 - The National Anthem
    13 - All I Need
    14 - Fake Plastic Trees
    15 - A Punch Up At A Wedding
    16 - No Surprises
    17 - Idioteque
    18 - Black Swan
    19 - Bodysnatchers
    20 - Knives Out
    21 - Street Spirit
    22 - Karma Police
    23 - Everything In Its Right Place
    24 - Lotus Flower
    25 - Videotape

It is my opinion that "Videotape" is the greatest song to close an album...EVER.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Nice list, Manny. Are you familiar with their b-sides? highly recommend A Reminder, how can you be sure, trickster, maquiladora and quite a few others...

18. VanityHalfBlack

1. go slowly
    2. I might be wrong
    3. Street Spirit (Fade Out)
    4.Optimistic
    5. Climbing Up The Walls

19. VanityHalfBlack

Turn off all the lights in the house and give this song a good listen, very creepy...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yC0MBJEKf08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And Bishops Robes and big Boots!