1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC] - Apparently, Triumph is back in the news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Just when you thought Triumph was probably done for good after their last very limited reunion for festival concerts that I think lasted all of two shows, they are back in the news. There was all this talk around the time of their festival reunion appearances that they would kick off a tour after that. But, I guess that fizzled and it may be because they hadn't done anything new yet. So, a few years later and the below news comes out. Interesting. And, none other than Alex Lifeson of Rush is performing on a song and in studio with them. Very cool. This appears to be more new Triumph songs for Rik Emmitt's solo album with Triumph members playing on songs. Not sure if it is anything more than that or whether the band does anything later. Maybe they play some songs with Rik but seems doubful it would elevate to a tour based on below info? The fact that original Triumph members are still rehearsing and playing music is a good sign, though.

http://melodicrock.com/articles/new...ik-emmett-project-boasts-triumph-reunion-more

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

For me to poop on.

1 person likes this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Big fan back in the 80's and some great shows back then.

Wish I had a photo of the white slip-on vans I had air brushed with the allied forces cover logo at sharpstown mall back in the day.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For fans of the band and rock music in general this is quite a triumph.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Under rated hard rocking band.

6. Buck Turgidson

At first glance I thought the url was mediocrerock . com ;)

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I hope they do a reunion tour I would go.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

And reason to never surrender and hold your head up high.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

All while you fight the good fight with magic power so the Allied forces can go all the way, but you'll soon find out it's just a game in a world of fantasy.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sometimes you just got to lay it on the line.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

A reunion tour would be a midsummers daydream that would probably hold me spellbound.

1 person likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Time goes by...and I can survive not seeing these old-timers when the lights go down if they play a reunion tour. No doubt it would be better than their festival efforts when they seemed to be less rehearsed and had the suitcase blues.

Somebody's out there who will have a hot time seeing them again. I'm curious to see what kind of rock and roll machine they still are after listening to their new songs. I hope they still have the magic power. And, just one night...I might be willing to rock out, roll on seeing them in concert again like the next ordinary man who will gladly shed tears in the rain to be there.