1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MURICA] Black Friday 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Same here, not really lining up for anything big. I'll probably head out mid day just to get some good blu ray deals.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How do you know which Best Buy deals will be available online and which will only be in store?

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Looking for deals on Playstation Plus+ 1 year subscription.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Any 72 inch 4k tvs?

7. rage

rage Member

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

When is Thanksgiving? I need to prepare.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

For anyone that is a Best Buy Elite or Elite+ member you can get in on their Black Friday deals today online. You have to sign in to your account to get them. Not all deals are available yet and won't be till thursday(still waiting on NBA 2K15 and WWE2k15 to go on sale). I'd post the exact link but I'm at work now and don't have acess to it at the moment.

Did get most of my stuff this morning and just waiting on those games now

10. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

I don't know, my 6 year old plays Splatoon morre than any other game we have combined which includes smash bros, mario kart and mario world (I almost forgot we had that game).

11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Depends on which manufacturer. Samsung and LG's have different panels between the majority of their sets. I don't know about LG, but for Samsung, you want one with a T for the first letter, like TD, TH or TS are the most common Samsung Panels. If you get a IH or AU etc, they're made by a third party and are inferior.

From the research I did, it said that HDTV's usually sell for very good prices around black friday and December. The best pricing is around February/March when they clearance them for the new 2016's.

The only problem is when they go on clearance, if you're buying a Samsung or LG, you'll get stuck in the panel lottery with a inferior panel. If that's important to you, probably better to pay a little more now for a superior Samsung panel. Sony uses their own panels for all their televisions and I have no idea about the other manufacturers.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if i have to get some new tv's, sony's the best of the mainsteam brands?

13. chow_yun_fat

This is the best website I have found for HDTV ratings. http://www.rtings.com/ Here's a link to Samsung panel lottery if any of you guys plan on purchasing a Samsung. http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-video/panel-switching-samsung-tvs-we-know-so-far-n15170.html and http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/samsung-panel-lottery-619357/

It really depends on your preferences. I think only Samsung and LG make hdtv's with curved screens.

LG is the only one in the market with a OLED screen.

If you're looking for a hdtv that's overall good with good pricing, you can't go wrong with Sony. I picked up a tv yesterday, but I wanted a curve screen with the lowest input lag. Went with a Samsung because it met my requirements and they're heavily discounted right now.

#53 chow_yun_fat, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks a lot. i don't like the curved screens, prefer the old school flat. do you know anything about Loewe tv's? i saw a model with 'ultra HD' but have no idea if the picture would be any better than a sony

15. chow_yun_fat

Never heard of Loewe and I googled it, it brought me to a retail store webpage about luxury fashion.

Ultra HD is just a fancy name for 4k. HD = 1080p. SUHD is for Samsungs nano-crystal tech aka quantum dot technology. Sony calls it triluminous. My previous Sony had triluminous. Most manufacturers call it quantum dot.

Go to the website I mentioned earlier and read up on the hdtv's you're interested in. Base your decision on your preferences and budget.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ahh, ultra=4k!

btw, this was the tv i saw: https://www.loewe.tv/int/overview.html

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Beware of buying stuff like TVs and Blu-rays.. Console video games are okay..

They make TVs riddled with lack of features and quality components (capacitors) just for Black Friday. And btw the Black Friday Hype is used to trick consumers into thinking they are getting the best deal when it's not always the case.

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Anyone know what happened to the deals on BestBuy.com? I am an elite member and yesterday morning there were tons of things to buy but now the stuff it shows is not even sale price barely.

19. bigben69

bigben69 Member

NVM I guess it was only on Monday and Tuesday. I was confused because I got an email last night saying to remember to shop Black Friday Deals online for Elite members.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That is a good deal on a really good printer. I paid $100 for that same model and got a $30 BB gc back a few months ago. I did some color duplex printing for my son's wedding programs. Kinkos wanted $250 plus paper as they were color and used heavy stock paper. These came out fast and very professional looking without having to flip the paper. Also printed over 200 sheets (400+ total with duplex) and still had more than 1/2 of the ink remaining for years worth of my printer needs. While the cartridges may cost more, they last a lot longer than your normal cartridge. Plus you only have to replace the color that is out, not the whole color cartridge.