1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multitalented Wexler returns to radio realm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JPM0016, Feb 14, 2005.

1. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3038523

Adam Wexler is back on the air at KILT (610 AM), almost four years to the day after he was sacked by his once and future boss, KILT program director Bill Van Rysdam.

ADVERTISEMENT

This time, Wexler will be working the night shift as co-host with Matt Jackson on KILT's 6 to 10 p.m. talk show, joining Dave Harbison in filling the vacancies left by the departure of Charlie Pallilo and David Dalati to KBME (790 AM).

Wexler's return to radio indicates that, if nothing else, he's chronologically versatile. He worked early mornings, middays and late nights in his previous stint at KILT, which ended when he was let go in March 2001 along with Kenny Hand to make way for Russ Small. Seems like a lot of years (and a lot of anchors) ago, doesn't it?

After leaving KILT, Wexler moved behind the camera as a producer at KPRC (Channel 2) and associate producer for KNWS' (Channel 51) Astros studio programming. He also has written for the Houston Texans Weekly and other print outlets in Houston.

While he was at Channel 2, Wexler got dragged into the sweeps month Sports Apprentice contest last spring, so he's probably equipped to handle whatever weirdness lurks in the night in his newest radio gig.

2. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

was that Harbison that filled in that week Charlie and Marc were gone? Whoever that was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the both of those guys.

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

good choice.

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

I like Harbison. I like Wexler. I'd forgotten (almost) about the abominations that were Russ Small and Kenny Hand. :(

5. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

how the hell did the traffic lady witht he lisp get a job in radio?

"sheres traffics on she showthwesh freewway"

6. dskillz

dskillz Member

I was thinking the same thing.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Wexler is great. Glad he got a job back in radio. His voice was always something that held him back a little, but I always thought he was one of the more knowledgable guys on radio.

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I didnt realize he was gone for the past 4 years. I could of sworn I heard him on 610 this past year....time flies

9. Miguel

Miguel Member

Nice, Wex and Harbison are nice additions. Great work 610.

10. Faos

Faos Member

He has been on recently. In the past month or so with MJ.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I love listening to Wexler, glad he's back.

12. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

Another fan vote for Wexler. Good hire.

A little more smarts and a little less Granato/Lord woofing is good.