1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple Attacks Roil Paris; President Hollande Is Evacuated From Stadium

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I was going to respond to that nonsensical BS, but there's really no point of getting into it with him, he's just not worth it.

If a better poster wants to talk about anything I've said, I'm game, but Lou just lives on a different world than everyone else.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

You got owned, it's ok to admit it. The fact you can't put together a rebuttal is admission enough I suppose!

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with some thinking that, but it's not the case. Lou's BS was a gross overestimation of the power of ISIS, thinking that they could wage a permanent war with the West even if the West decided to crush them. He also states that ISIS isn't happy that the US left Iraq, which is just a pants on head r****ded comment because the US leaving Iraq allowed them to grow in size and strength....they wouldn't be operating in Iraq at all if the US was still there.

The problem is that his world perspective is just really stupid, to him, the only way to defeat ISIS is to not respond to their acts of terrorism and just let them run wild because if you go to war with them, it's what they want.....which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board.

The reason I didn't immediately respond to him is because he's so far removed from reality with his comments that there's no way that I could say anything to make a difference. He lives in a world where he thinks up is down and down is up. I truly pity him.

1 person likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Germany-Netherlands game has been cancelled one hour before the start,will be interesting to see the explanation.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

Dutch media saying that there's a suspicious package or something like that.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When have terrorists ever planned multiple attacks within the same week? Seems plan a big attack, then go quiet, because why risk resources on another one the next day or week, when everyone is at highest alert.

serious question: Have we ever seen coordinated attacks in Europe within the same week? Definitely hasn't happened in the US.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hannover's chief now said there's a concrete threat for the whole city. They now also evacuated a concert in Hannover and closed bus stations.

Sounds like this would've been Paris 2.0 of not for our agencies finding out sooner.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

chief of police*

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"There were direct plans to cause an explosion with an object".

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

I don't think so. It feels like a false alarm at first but I'm not quite sure anymore. The Charlie Hebdo thing lasted for days but it was because those guys were on the run, making it one group of attacks.

Yung-T, where did that quote come from? I saw something about an assassination attempt but I didn't see a link citing a source.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My quote is from Hannover's president of police.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They apparently now also found explosives in an ambulance vehicle.
    And police supposedly recognized a known terrorist-suspect near the Stadium.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Ah I see. Can't really read German haha

In other news, they discovered an EMT truck laced with explosives outside the stadium. Saw it on Twitter from multiple sources. Good grief, this is getting more serious by the minute.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hope you're safe and far away from this Yung-T and CF's German residents!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I am, but this is scary. Sounds like they prevented something bigger than Paris.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

unbelievable

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

England v France with heartfelt tributes to the victims. Class act by the Brits. Game is on right now. The French players showing a lot mental toughness after what happened on Friday.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hoping nothing happens, talked to friends earlier today and said I anticipated another terrorist attack, sadly nearly happened in Germany. Hope the other venues are safe, but doubt it.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

When in history has a group itching for a big fight not ended up with their big fight?

The only questions are how big, and how long will it last.