1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple Attacks Roil Paris; President Hollande Is Evacuated From Stadium

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Considering their religion, you can bet on it.

Long live peace loving people.

Long live civilization.

Islam, your darkness will never be able to cast a shadow too long for progress to overcome.

RIP. I won't be partying this weekend.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just heartbreaking. These terrorists are absolute cowards and I can only hope they burn in whatever hell is out there waiting for them.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I was raised a Muslim. I have countless friends who are practicing Muslims. Not one could comprehend or sympathize with what these assholes have done.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

This is really terrible. My sympathies to all those who are in the area or who have people they care about in the area.

I want to say two things in response to the event and some of the comments by people on the board.

1) I've mentioned this in other threads talking about Syria, but every citizen of a NATO country needs to let their government know that continuing to support Turkey and their Islamist government is unacceptable. Support for Turkey is support for Daesh and Al-Qaeda, because Turkey is actively supporting both of these organizations in Syria, and allowing these organizations to cross, trade through and get recruits through their border. They're not even doing this out of incompetence, it is an intentional policy on their part to hurt their rivals in the region -- namely Iran, Syria and the Kurds.

Turkey is terrorizing their own population and working with groups like Daesh who is terrorizing other populations. If we as Americans, Europeans, and freaking Humans are really serious about fighting Islamic Extremism (and aren't just using that as a front for an agenda for projecting U.S. power into the middle east), then we need to put our money where our mouth is and stop supporting nations like Turkey who fund and aid ISIS.

2) I understand how emotional an event like this can be, but dismissing all of Islam and all Muslims as a part of political and militant Islamism is not accurate. I'll point again as I have been to the Kurds in Syria, who have been doing more to defeat Daesh in that region than any other group of people on earth. And they have been creating a democratic, feminist, secular, tolerant society in the areas they liberate. And they are doing this as a predominantly Muslim population.

Again, I think we as a species need to get serious about eradicating Islamist militants -- but, if that is what we want, then we are going to have to partner with groups like the Syrian Kurds who are leading the charge and risking their lives to create a tolerant, secular and democratic middle east for all ethnicities and religions. I am glad the U.S. has started supporting them -- but we are turning a blind eye as the Turkish state attacks them and works with Daesh to commit terror attacks on them that are comparable to what has happened in Paris tonight (as well as in Suruc several months earlier than that).

I understand the emotions, but letting our emotions to lead us to ignore things we as a society are doing to help terrorists (like being allied and supportive of Turkey) and to ignore opportunities we have to hurt Islamic terrorism (like partnering with real allies in the Muslim world) would be a grave error that would only exacerbate the problem.

1 person likes this.
  5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more brother. This **** has to stop and the only way that happens, is we all stand up and ****ing make a statement.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

R0ckets03, you made a post in the Hangout saying that all your practicing Muslim friends cannot comprehend this either. I understand and believe that. May I ask you a question: Was their reaction to the Charlie Hebdo attacks exactly the same, or was there a bit more of a "well, they somewhat deserved it" reaction there? You don't need to answer. I am just curious. I am asking here because it's not really a Hangout question.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why does Isis want a war so bad.

It's time we blow them off the map.

Order evacuations in Isis lead territory and bomb them to ashes.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's a shame that the countless peace loving Muslims get lumped in with the radicals.

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

While I'm curious to hear the answer as well, I am a houstonian white male that has full fledged "southern roots" and I'm even friends with Muslims. Not all of them are bad. Many are no different than you and I and just have different beliefs. It's just a shame their radicalism is so far out there. Many Christians and others go to church or whatever every Sunday and cheat, steal and so on. I don't really know where I'm going with this but I guess I just feel bad for the good, normal people with different beliefs, that get segregated into the hate that comes from events like this.

10. thejav

thejav Member

if it was that easy..don't you think that would have already happened.. no way ISIS just lets people walk out. human shields are a terrorist # 1 weapon.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I've had a few discussions with my friends regarding this...not one has ever said or had the attitude that "they somewhat deserved it".

Some friends could not care less about the cartoons. Some like me, want it to become so common place that all Muslims eventually become immune to it. Some think its in very bad taste and should not be allowed by their respective governments. But all agree, that to carry out attacks against innocent civilians is incomprehensible.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly agree with that. I can imagine things are pretty rough for an ex of mine, her family is Syrian and Muslim. I don't have a lot of good things to say about her, but her family are good people and it would be totally unfair to lump them in with the bad apples causing all the trouble.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

What ISIS wants is an apocalypse. That is their goal.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

**** these despicable attackers. Cowards, spineless

RIP to the victims. This just makes me hate the religion of Islam even more. Pathetic religion spreading violence and hate and harm

Not all muslims are terrorists but certainly most (close to all) terrorists are Mulim

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, I understand and agree with that sentiment. It's like being German and having to explain yourself for Nazi idiots you don't have anything in common with. It's unfortunate.

16. tmacfor35

True.

But you should be able to clear out much of it.

They want to mess with a power house, have fun.

There regime is a joke.

17. tmacfor35

Ariza lost gallinari there.

Can't do that.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

It is clear now ISIS and terrorist organizations in general must be taken out. All the countries must contribute to that end. It won't be easy, but to let this cancer grow is not an option.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Disgusting. These are animals...not people. F'd up mentality and ideology...